[test] WellWell (ogg)

Started by Sam_Zen, February 24, 2010, 01:49:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

A remix of an old tracker module.
Subject : the wars still keep going on for centuries regarding the posession of natural resources.
Whether it's water, oil, diamonds, gold, or cocaine.

Well Well - 3:20

I call this a test, because it's part of a project to produce quadrophonic versions of my tracker modules too.
As a preparation I had to convert all my .MOD or .XM files into the IT format.
(NB : this will mean that the links to those files in my profile-list are no longer valid)
During this conversion I could also, if necessary, corrected the mix into RC3.

This is the quad version

XMPlay can handle this format, with the right output hardware of course.

AlisterFlint

excellent tribal! with a post-apocalyptic touch..

psishock

water, drums and flanger/phaser. This seems to work rather well...well. :D
The drums are pre-looped beats, or you arranged them one by one? (it's obvious that you've arranged and offset-ed them to right place, no matter what is the case)
And the piece work with endless looping as well too. =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Subject : the wars still keep going on for centuries regarding the posession of natural resources.
Whether it's water, oil, diamonds, gold, or cocaine

and the ironic part is that it is always temporary

I'm surprised I missed this - Sam this is your module right?

Very cool. I agree with Al's comment.

Sam_Zen

2 clones : I posted the track here already a while ago.

2 Psi : Some drum samples have a sequence of 2 or 3 strikes in it, but no looping was set.
I don't like that looping, because then it's very difficult to get another parallel instrument on the right spot (row).
I prefer to place a next note to get a repeat.
So I have to tune the speed first, to get a smooth repeat at some multiple of let's say 16 rows.

uncloned

Quote2 clones : I posted the track here already a while ago.

I know - that's why I'm surprised I missed it,.

Saga Musix

Interesting stuff, but I suspect that one of the tribal drum samples needs some editing. There's a reoccuring high-pitched tone on the right speaker (listening to the stereo version), which comes most likely from one of the drum samples. I'd EQ That sample properly to remove the annoying tone.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

If you mean the sound starting at ~0:45, that's intentional.

Saga Musix

No, it occurs at 0:12 for the first time already, always in the rhythm, so I suppose it comes from one of the drum samples.

it's at about 7-8khz.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.