Previous topic - Next topic

herodotas

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.18.00.00

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s):
Yes, in 1.17.00.54

Description of the bug:
reacomp-standalone not recognized as a VST plugin
reajs crash the OpenMPT , when I press 'Load' button and try load any internal fx. Other Reaplugs plugins work fine.

How often does it happen?:
Constantly
life is darker than it seems

Rakib

Which version on reaplugs do you use?
I have 1.12 and only using rea-eq (don't need the others). And it works perfectly here.
^^

Saga Musix

I would guess that, as the name suggests, reacomp-standalone is not a plugin, but rather a version of the effect that works without a host. I dunno about the other one, but it might be because the plugin wants the host to open a file dialog? We have a similar problem with reViSiT, where loading dialogs don't show up. But that should actually not crash the host or the plugin...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

I use version 2.00. Reaplugs are plugins and work fine in other hosts. ( I tested in Renoise).

Saga Musix

But can you also load "reacomp-standalone" as well in Renoise? I seriously doubt it. (but you maybe won't even recognize it in renoise, and it scans for new plugins by itself).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Yes I can because it's VST versions of Reaper's native  plugins. 'Standalone' just are word in the name. ::)

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/reaplugs/index.php

Snu

oh wow, new version of them!
updated, and for me, reacomp shows up in the list but mpt insta-crashes when i try to load it (it also did this in the older version, so maybe its something to do with my config files...).

reajs seems to load fine... but its very unstable, doing much with it will cause mpt to freeze.  looks like a very interesting plugin, too...

using openmpt 1.18.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "herodotas"reacomp-standalone not recognized as a VST plugin
This one was easy to reproduce and might be easy to fix.

Quote from: "herodotas"reajs crash the OpenMPT , when I press 'Load' button and try load any internal fx.
Less luck with finding the cause for this: in my tests there were no crashes or other problems on loading or using internal fxs.

Rakib

This reminds me of blue line vst which also is not recognized as vst.

http://www.digilogue.de/
^^

herodotas

It works now with 1.19.00.03   :D , thanks !