Option for Follow song?

Started by LB, February 14, 2010, 15:39:59

Previous topic - Next topic

LB

I know there is a little checkbox right at the top when viewing patterns, and it's great when playing the music, but is there a way to auto trun it off during edit time and auto turn it back on when playing the sing? It gets annoying wheather I do it manually or leave it alway on/awalys off. I'v looked through the menus and options but can't find anything like it. Where can I find it?

Thanks,
-LB
Don't feed the bunnies. They will bring thier friends next time.

~MMF2 Developer user~
[color=green]LB-Stuff[/color] - My Website

Saga Musix

There is no such thing as "editing vs playing" in modplug like it used to be in f.e. Impulse Tracker. Hence, there is no "turn it off during editing, turn it on during playback" in modplug either. However, you can bind a shortcut to it if that helps.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

As Jojo says, you can get it to work with shortcut keys. If you use keys to play and stop the song, then you could use the key up and key down event to set the scrolling function too.

Eg: on key F5 = play song
off key F5 = scroll on

on key F8 = stop song
off key F8 = scroll off.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

This is not XMPlay, so only one action per key, sorry. :P
You'd need a third key for that.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Quote from: "LPChip"off key F5 = scroll on
off key F8 = scroll off.

Is that not what Scroll Lock is for? :lol:

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"This is not XMPlay, so only one action per key, sorry. :P
You'd need a third key for that.

Are you sure? I mean... I have configured this in OpenMPT to be able to toggle the treeview AND the toolbar at once by hitting alt-F11

On press key Alt-F11, the treeview toggles, on release key Alt-FF, it toggles the toolbar.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Ok, that actually seems to work if you assign the shortcuts in the right order. Tricky, tricky!

QuoteIs that not what Scroll Lock is for?
no it isn't