[ambient] Orion Nebula (mp3)

Started by uncloned, February 10, 2010, 05:20:54

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Was Hawking Radiation ver 1

updated, properly named file

http://clones.soonlabel.com/public/paul-extreme-stretch-work/daily20100209-orion-nebula-ver1.mp3

Year: 2010

Artist's description:
I'm not sure where I'm going - its late - I'm tired so I may be out of my mind.

several absynths
pianoteq heavily modified
session 3 drums through guitar rig
stratocastor through guitar rig
vocoded voice via korg ms2000 through guitar rig

all that is up on NOM

and I took it and stretched it 8x in Paul Stretch

obvious 20 minutes is a bit ridiculous but it sounds SO BIG!!

Contributors:
paul extreme stretch

AlisterFlint

i'd say only one thing: too short..

joke aside, this is vast, brutal and deep! amazing journey!

uncloned

thanks

I did the processing and listened with headphones up way to high I'm sure and I was stunned - and I can say that because this is all accident once you throw Paul extreme stretch at it.

I wasn't sure if it was because I felt sick and tired - you know how sometimes your mind fools you.

But I do like the result - though 20 mins is way too long.

Also - hawking radiation is a bad title now. I think Nebula - perhaps "Orion Nebula"

AlisterFlint

i'd suggest to reduce it to 15mins but then, would it sound as good? probably not, so it needs those 20mins to sound as it does now.

as to title, i very much agree with it.

uncloned

I'm thinking of two ways to approach this

1. crudely cut this up
2. export each track that went into this separately, Paul stretch and then mix it down. I'd probably have more freedom to reduce the length.

I'm thinking 20 mins is just too much to devote to a track on the CD. If we would then it needs to be the last track so people can turn it off if they want w/o losing the rest of the album.

AlisterFlint

thinking the same. but most important is to keep each track's original tonalities..

uncloned

or cut it in half say with a long fade out into deep reverb

AlisterFlint

mmm.. it'd take out alot, too much even..

uncloned

perhaps we should put this issue aside for now because in the end it may not be a problem, especially if this becomes a DVD release.

And... we could distribute this as an ISO - perhaps even get it into bit torrent?

We have to be careful with bit torrent though from SoOn - I'd need to talk to my provider and see exactly what they need with that regard. I was wrong about streaming so I may be wrong about this too.

Sam_Zen

Good piece. Did you added extra harmonics in the stretch ?

uncloned

nope. its straight up with defaults.

thanks for the listen and comment.