Breakpoint 2010 - Like there's no tomorrow

Started by Saga Musix, January 31, 2010, 21:14:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

So here we are, it's 2010, and another edition of world's biggest pure demoscene event is going to happen again during the easter weekend (April 2nd to 5th) at Breakpoint.

The thing that's going to be different this year is not a little thing: This will be the last Breakpoint ever. For those of you who said "I will go there one day" or "maybe I'll attend", this is the last fucking chance to experience the unique demoparty feeling at Breakpoint! Be there or be never there again! Get your asses over to Germany, come there and enjoy the best 4 days of your life. :)

I will certainly be there! And it would be really nice to meet a few people from this forum at the last edition of Breakpoint!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Nahkranoth

Just stop cutting me with a blunt knife!  :crybaby:
I nearly cry when watching demos at home. You should thank <insert person> for being born in Germany just for beer and Breakpoint (that's if you're born there)

Saga Musix

*keeps cutting Nahkranoth with the extremely blunt knife*
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

QuoteWhy this will be the final Breakpoint event

You might ask yourself "why the heck are these guys stopping doing Breakpoint?". The truth is: "We are very old". Most of the 50 organizers inside the Breakpoint team have been doing this year after year for 8 years now. Months of pre-organizing, and every year multiple days of setting up the location, keeping the party running for 4 days, and then cleaning up everything for another 3 days. We LOVE the scene, and we love demoparties, but many of us really would enjoy being part of a party as a visitor for a change again.
More information can be obtained from the Breakpoint website.

Saga Musix

psishock

i know, basically the most important stuff, like amiga and the pc demos are still before us, but i've missed quite some worthwhile stuff also.

Oh well, i've glued myself to the tft, right when you've mentioned it on the other topic. =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)