OpenMPT 1.18 releases

Started by Relabsoluness, January 25, 2010, 22:03:26

Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

anyone else under the impression that the sound of the new version is far
more 'dry' or should i say a bit more 'dull' than in previous versions?

btw: seems like you can't use the same keymap you use with this version with older ones properly...
seems like 1.18 adds some lines to that file which 1.17 doesn't understand.
(i guess you already knew that...)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Saga Musix

I can only state it again and again: No modifications have been made to the mixing code. First check if you're using the same settings with both versions, and if you do, render a module in both versions and substract the two wave files from each other. It should be an approximately completely silent file.

Quotebtw: seems like you can't use the same keymap you use with this version with older ones properly...
(i guess you already knew that...)
Well duh, we certainly don't remove keyboard shortcuts between versions, but rather add new ones. :) The first time you open a new keymap in 1.17, it will show you a lot of warning dialogs, but then you can just save it again in OpenMPT 1.17 and all the trouble lines will be left out.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"anyone else under the impression that the sound of the new version is far
Perhaps "WFIR cutoff factor"(setup->player) has been changed for some reason? It is 97% by default.

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"btw: seems like you can't use the same keymap you use with this version with older ones properly...
They should work fine; the warnings are due to the fact that there are new shortcuts that the old version doesn't understand. If you don't want to see those warnings, put line "ShowErrorOnUnknownKeybinding = 0" in [Misc] context in the ini-file.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"
Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"anyone else under the impression that the sound of the new version is far
Perhaps "WFIR cutoff factor"(setup->player) has been changed for some reason? It is 97% by default.
nope... i'll try this with a few more modules and see if it was just my imagination...
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Harbinger

Yjana told me there were some marked improvements with the 1.18 build, but didn't seem to get excited about it (except for one bug fix). I decided to sit down and dabble in the new features, and i grew happier with each new pattern!

The build solves a lot of issues i had with 1.17.3.02 and to tell you the truth, the previous build may have dampened my spirits a bit. There were many new features in 1.17.3.02, but enough upheaval to make tracking, shall we say, less than inspiring. Which may be why i opened other projects outside of music...

Here's my first take on many of the new key features of 1.18:

Sequences: First off, i've only recently understood their benefit. One advantage in using sequences rather than a single string of patterns is that it lead to experimentation with song structures -- you can play around with different intros or test Verse-Chorus-Refrain setups. But i would like to see something like a playlist where you can interchange easily different Sequences, sort of a SuperOrderList, where the parts are made of Sequences instead of Patterns. Without a Sequence manager, sequences are only usable for testing. Shall i make a formal request for later, or is it undoable?

Paste Flood: Cool unique name with a serious functional purpose with excellent Undo service. No more "copy-click-paste-scroll-paste-scroll-etc." I can use this!

Quote from: "history.txt"When using the MPTM format, plugin param changes are written to the pattern as PC Notes (instead of smooth midi macros).

This solves the main problem of figuring out what number the plugin's controller is. GODLIKE FEATURE!

In fact, all of the main issues regarding Parameter Control Events has been resolved, including deletions and undo's. They are now easier to use than Macros, even though they don't make macros obsolete. PCEs are especially useful for Mastering FX so that you don't have to assign the VSTs to instruments in order to use them.

Quote from: "history.txt"Channel rename dialog in channel header context menu.
Oh, sweet!! I still would eventually like to see a "Mass Name" feature for all the channels, but this is FAR better than the keystrokes and clicks involved with naming channels before. Now it's just one click of the mouse, and type the name for the channel...

Quote from: "history.txt"Tidied up the upper panel. It fits perfectly on a 1024x768 screen with treeview enabled and also works on 800x600 with treeview disabled.
Yes, much more efficient and sleek. Someday i still want to be able to see all 64 rows at once (PLUS the pattern settings) in an 1152x864 screen, but for now this is very helpful.

Quote from: "history.txt"The split keyboard settings dialog can now be accessed by using a shortcut, which should be even faster than the old method.
Perfect solution all around. I do use keyboard split, but only occasionally, and since it's not the kind of info i need to see all the time, setting it up in its own dialog box is superb.

Quote from: "history.txt"Sample Undo. 100 steps per sample (independent)
While i hardly edit samples from within MPT, i always thought Undo edits was a glaring omission. After trying it out (undo after Trim, Delete, Pitch Shift, and Draw) i see it works great! Very good job, Jojo!

Quote from: "history.txt"MIDI mapping: Shift key erroneously opened MIDI mapping dialog in some cases.
Yjana and i were both happy to see this fix, especially Yjana. I heard her jump for joy when she was reading this in another room. She uses Motion 2.8 a lot, and this bug caused her to go back to using the .53 build. After testing, this bug is indeed gone.

Quote from: "history.txt"Mod Creation: When clicking on the "new" button, the newly created module will be of the same type as the currently active document. Should probably be an option.

Would love to see this as an option. Perhaps radio buttons in General Options where users can be asked in a dialog, or use a given default type always, or the default unless a module is open (in which case the format of the current track is used).

All-in-all this build is great and solves a lot of problems and perfects new features brought in 3.02. I will include these fixes and features in the final OHM beta version. What's next up on your priority list, devs?

Saga Musix

QuoteWhat's next up on your priority list, devs?
Getting out a new version without all the bugs 1.18 introduced. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Skaven

Hello all. Finally went and tried the version 1.18. I immediately proceeded to convert my .IT song to an .mptm song, so that I could arrange the song to multiple sequences. So far so good! :) Since most of my songs today are multi-part songs for games, this is a great way to keep all those sequences organized.

However, when I converted the song back to an .IT (so it can be used in a game), I got error messages: "Cannot merge sequence xx!  (too long)", and after the operation the Sequence was filled with ???'s.

I wonder what went wrong? Maybe the "jump to offset" commands (Bxx) cause an infinite loop which turns all the sequences too long? Most of my sequences have an intro pattern, so a Bxx is needed to loop the song from a pattern after the intro.

If someone wants to look at this, I can send over the .mptm file.

Saga Musix

If it worked with IT previously, that's strange indeed. Maybe I did something wrong in the converter, so yeah, sending the file over would be appreciated.

Skaven

Diamond

A new instrument is automatically generated and associated with newly added VSTis?  Didn't see this in the list of new features.  Once again nice work guys.  Been waiting a long time for this one.

Diamond

LOL never mind.  Jumped the gun on that one.  Still nice work though.

Rakib

Haha, but be nice to have that. But only if you could also turn off that feature.
^^

Saga Musix

The second release candidate for next "stable" OpenMPT release is now available for testing. If no major bugs are found, this build will be made available through Sourceforge in a few days. Feel free to give feedback -- whether positive or negative. The first big change here is the new Setup, which is recommended to be used instead of the old-fashioned zip file. Setup provides a "portable mode" installation which does not do any changes to the registry. See below for details.

Download:
Setup (Installer)
lpchip.com: OpenMPT-1.18.02.00-Setup.exe
sagamusix.de: OpenMPT-1.18.02.00-Setup.exe

MD5: b5bd2eee7e93bf36170321db9a8cb848
SHA-1: 70f5aae456b232fa4440f1d6d83f5eb082be69a0

Zipped Download
lpchip.com: OpenMPT-1.18.02.00.zip
sagamusix.de: OpenMPT-1.18.02.00.zip

MD5: 3800217828ffb1746e5ad1d5d0f5e91d
SHA-1: 116e4893433582abe977de713a5b3fd85313e041

Changes since 1.18.00.00 in high detail:
---------------------------------------------

v1.18.02.00 (May 2010)
-----------------------------

General tab
 [Imp] <Jojo> Disabled tempo slider for MOD files (it was just confusing)
 [Imp] <Jojo> Disabled global volume slider for MOD files, instead enabled the sample pre-amp slider (so it is also possible to make output louder)
 [Imp] <Jojo> The "output to" dropdown list also shows the actual plugin name (instead of just the library name) now.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Moving a plugin in MOD/S3M files doesn't mark them as modified anymore. The channel fx dropdown lists are now also disabled for those module types.
 [Fix] <Jojo> The restart position edit control is disabled for S3M files.
 [Fix] <coda> The background colour of the tabs in the channel configuration is now also correct when using WinXP Luna or Vista/Win7 Aero.

Sequence editor
 [New] <Jojo> "Select All" shortcut also works here now.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Sequence menu also allows to insert empty sequences now.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Jumping between patterns also stops VSTi notes now.

Pattern tab::pattern editing
 [New] <Jojo> Extended context menu for PC Notes
 [New] <Jojo> Key shortcut + context menu entry for toggling the plugin editor of the PC note that's under the cursor.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Overflow paste now only uses one undo step.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Instead of simply ignoring note off/cut/fade when working with .MOD files, it is converted to C00.
 [Fix] <rewbs> Effect visualizer is now aware of PC notes (bug 3836).
 [Fix] <Jojo> When using MIDI record or split keyboard settings, volume data was writting into the volume column in MOD format.
 [Fix] <Jojo> When converting PC Notes to MIDI Macros, the instrument index is now also cleaned as well. Noticable for example when pasting PC notes into an IT module.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Now, plugin slot 100 can also be automated using PC Notes.
 [Fix] <Jojo> When pasting pattern data that exactly reached the pattern end with overflow paste enabled, a redundant undo point was created.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Entered (volume) effects are now properly validated (makes a difference f.e. in MOD format where it was previously possible to enter effects like Hxx)
 [Fix] <Jojo> Mix Paste: When in MPT behaviour mode, empty FX commands were not overwritten properly when there previously was an effect in that field but only the effect number (and not the param value) was reset.
 [Fix] <Jojo> When deleting all patterns via the treeview and then switching to the pattern editor, pattern 0 is not created automatically anymore, to avoid confusion.
 [Reg] <Jojo> Creating a selection using the Shift key + Mouse click now only works if there was previously no selection made; This seems reasonable as the old shift-behaviour seems to be widely used.

Pattern tab::GUI
 [New] <Jojo> When the PT1x mode or the S3M "Amiga" flag are enabled, dodgy notes (i.e lower than C-4 or higher than B-6) are marked red.
 [Imp] <Jojo> The status bar shows plugin and parameter names for PC notes now as well.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Effect vis: Make use of song's own row highlighting variables instead of fixed global ones.
 [Fix] <Jojo> The status bar ("Position x of y") only the showed order length for the first subtune if subtunes were separated by an "---" order item.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Changing a channel plugin in MOD/S3M files doesn't mark them as modified anymore.
 [Fix] <Jojo> When working with multiple sequences, switching to the pattern editor for the first time automatically marked the document as modified.

Pattern tab::Note properties
 [Imp] <Jojo> Don't allow values > 63 for "break to row" commands in MOD/S3M.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Since the behaviour of sliding commands with both nibbles set varies from tracker to tracker, "undefined" is always shown in the note properties in such cases.
 [Fix] <Jojo> In the note properties, the Gxx effect for XM files was not limited properly.
 [Fix] <Jojo> In Note Properties, the waveform display for S  [345]x (and equivalent MOD/XM effeects) was not always fully visible ("continue" addition was cut off)
 [Fix] <Jojo> Display "fine" / "extra fine" portamento effects properly (S3M/IT/MPTM), display SFx macro properly, display MOD effects with no memory properly.

Pattern tab::Find/replace
 [Fix] <Jojo> Find/Replace didn't work properly when replacing PC Notes with something that's not a PC Note.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Instead of turning "Follow Song" off, the Find/Replace dialog toggled it.

Sample tab
 [New] <Jojo> Shift+New = Clone sample slot
 [New] <Jojo> Option to not ask for RAW import settings again (settings are remembered independently for all modules)
 [Imp] <Jojo> Remember previous settings in RAW import dialog
 [Imp] <Jojo> When enabling (sustain) loop and no loop points are set yet, automatically set loop to full sample length or the currently selected part of the sample.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Sample name and filename are now properly limited in length.
 [Fix] <Jojo> When applying time stretch / pitch shift to an 8-bit sample and selecting the sample partly lead to partial upsampling, instead of upsampling the whole sample.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Sample Undo: If no custom value was set, the default value was set ridiculously high (tx Paul Legovitch)
 [Fix] <Jojo> Sample Undo: Fixed another possible problem when undoing actions with very little memory left.
 [Fix] <Jojo> It was not possible to create the last sample slot (i.e. pressing "new sample" with a MOD file that had 30 samples would result in an error, although MOD supports 31 samples).
 [Fix] <Jojo> When loading an extremely short raw file (f.e. 1 byte) twice, it crashed OpenMPT.

Instrument tab
 [New] <Jojo> Envelope zooming. Might still look very weird (especially the first tick and around loop points). Includes two new keyboard shortcuts.
 [New] <Jojo> Transpose Up/Down for sample map.
 [New] <Jojo> VST/Instrument handling: The IT instrument note mapping is now also applied to VST instruments (before, it was just available for samples). This way, VST instruments can be transposed easily.
 [Imp] <Jojo> When pasting an envelope, it's now also automatically enabled.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Instrument name and filename are now properly limited in length.
 [Imp] <Jojo> "Scale envelope points" is now always available for scaling the values of the points (y axis).
 [Fix] <Jojo> The panning spin button ranged from 0 to 256, however when saving to .IT, 256 was wrapping over to 0. Panning is now limited from 0 to 255.
 [Fix] <Jojo> It was impossible to assign plugin slot 100 to an instrument.

Comments tab
 [Fix] <Jojo> Correct C-5 frequency is now also shown if the module is an XM file.
 [Fix] <Jojo> When editing sample / instrument names, they are limited properly in length now.

Treeview
 [New] <Jojo> Sequences can now be copied to other modules by simply dragging the sequence header into the the other module's sequence header. Does only work between two different modules, not within the same module, and it will not copy the pattern contents.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Display sequence index next to sequence names.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Improved order dragging; It is now also possible to drag an order into a non-MPTM module. In that case, the old orderlist will be replaced.
 [Imp] <Jojo> J2B files were not shown in treeview.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Soundfont samples were not playing correctly anymore. Note that soundfont samples in the MIDI library still don't work.
 [Fix] <Jojo> A crash could occur if the instrument library path was too long (f.e. because of malicious strings in the [Paths] section of the INI file)
 [Fix] <Jojo> "Bypass" action for VSTs didn't set the document as modified.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Right-Click on module -> Close didn't ask for confirmation when the document was modified.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Insert/Duplicate sequence actions didn't set the document modified. Grey out those two actions if no additional sequences can be added.

VST
 [New] <Jojo> VST/Instrument handling: The IT instrument note mapping is now also applied to VST instruments (before, it was just available for samples). This way, VST instruments can be transposed easily.
 [Imp] <Jojo> VST Editor: Instead of just saying the user that the plugin has to be assigned to an instrument to play notes, they are queried now whether they want to automatically add an instrument.
 [Imp] <Jojo> VST Editor: Added shortcuts for "toggle bypass", "pass keys to plug" and "record params to pattern"
 [Mod] <Jojo> VST Editor: Changed number of patches per sub menu from 100 to 128. Now, one sub menu equals ones MIDI bank (more logical)
 [Fix] <Jojo> VST Editor: Preset names starting with ' ' >= char > 'A' were cropped (i.e. "123ABC" was displayed as "ABC")
 [Fix] <Jojo> Even if an instrument was muted, a VSTi assigned to this instrument was still playing in the pattern.
 [Fix] <re>   Some VSTs that previously wouldn't load might now load fine.
 [Fix] <re>   Returned host CanDo-values were wrong (since pre RC1 era).

Mod conversion
 [Fix] <Jojo> When converting from MOD to S3M or IT, the Invert Loop effect was not removed.
 [Fix] <Jojo> When converting from MPTM to another format, the first sequence name is removed and the sequence is now sized properly when merging multiple sequences (tx Skaven).
 [Fix] <Jojo> When converting between XM and IT, the sample autovibrato "sweep" factor is now fixed a bit (since sweep = 0 equals "no sweep" in XM, and "no vibrato" in IT).
 [Fix] <Jojo> When removing instruments from the treeview and converting the module to a different format which also supports instruments, OpenMPT crashed.
 [Fix] <Jojo> When converting to MOD/S3M, the extended filter range flag was not deactivated.
 [Fix] <Jojo> S00 (IT/S3M) does not equal E00 (MOD/XM), as Exx doesn't have effect memory. Trying to convert S00 to the last used value now.
 [Fix] <Jojo> If necessary (S3M), reset restart position attribute when converting
 [Fix] <re>   Merging multiple sequences didn't properly convert '---'/'+++' orders.

IT
 [Imp] <Jojo> IT Saver: Compatibility export saves stereo samples again, as other tracker like Schism also support this.
 [Fix] <Jojo> IT Saver: Fixed IT sample flags which could potentionally cause IT to screw up on loading/saving MPT-made modules with samples that are not used by an instrument.
 [Fix] <Jojo> IT Loader: ChibiTracker uses \n instead of \r in the IT comment text, which was not handled properly.
 [Fix] <Jojo> (fix from SchismTracker) IT Loader: Ignore stereo sample flag when loading old IT files (older than IT 2.14) since Impulse Tracker did not reset this flag when importing stereo samples back then.
 [Fix] <Jojo> ITI/ITS Loader: Sample flags were not reset when a sample slot was overwritten when loading ITI or ITS files. That way, it was possible that f.e. the bidi loop flag was not disabled when loading a new sample that had a normal loop.
 [Fix] <Jojo> S3M/IT compatibility: Note Cut really cuts notes and does not just mute them (so that following volume commands could restore the sample)
 [Fix] <Jojo> IT Compatibility: Always reset autovibrato settings when there's an instrument number (fix from SchismTracker)
 [Fix] <Jojo> IT Compatibility: S77 / S79/ S7B are supposed to pause the envelope, not disable it.
 [Fix] <Jojo> IT Compatibility: ignore slide commands with both nibbles set (f.e. D55, PA1, ...)
 [Fix] <Jojo> IT Compatibility: Default Vibrato/Tremolo/Panbrello waveform values to sine waveform if out of range (e.g. S35)

IT/MPTM/ITP, Instrument extension handling:
 [Fix] <Jojo> ITP Loader: Instruments flags in ITP files with embedded instrument headers were loaded wrong since revision 415.
 [Fix] <re>   Fixes to instrument envelope flag handling (broken in 1.18.00.00).

XM
 [Imp] <Jojo> XM Loader: Improved detection of an old version of MPT.
 [Fix] <Jojo> XM Loader: Some XMs not made with ModPlug were recognized as files made with MPT.
 [Fix] <Jojo> XM Loader: The last XM instrument was not always loaded.
 [Fix] <Jojo> XM Loader: Early versions of Skale Tracker (R.I.P.) apparently did stupid things to XM instrument headers, so mpt failed to load such modules. Tested the fix with a few hundred XMs and apparently only one XM (IFULOVE.XM) that I have has a header size that is different from the struct size - and that's the one that caused problems.
 [Fix] <Jojo> XM Compatibility: Volume column doesn't have an effect memory, most effects with param = 0 are useless. Those are ignored in compatibility mode playback and also when exporting the file in compatibility mode.
 [Fix] <Jojo> XM Compatibility: Improved handling of the situation when a 3xx effect was used, but previously no note was playing.
 [Fix] <Jojo> XM Compatibility: New instrument + tone portamento = ignore new instrument (fixes partytime.xm by cancer)

MOD
 [Imp] <Jojo> Module creation: When creating a new .MOD, it has 31 sample slots by default.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Playback: When the PT1x flag is activated, Amiga note range limits are automatically taken into account.
 [Fix] <Jojo> MOD Saving: Samples were shifted badly if the sample size was odd. (wow, this is an OLD bug!)
 [Fix] <Jojo> MOD Saving: If a sample had loop points set, but loop disabled, they were still saved in the .MOD file, resulting in the loop being enabled automatically.
 [Fix] <Jojo> MOD Loader: Very short loops (4-8 bytes long) are not ignored anymore. This fixes "Crew Generation" by Necros.

S3M
 [Imp] <Jojo> S3M Loader: Display a message if an S3M file contains Adlib instruments (rare).
 [Fix] <Jojo> S3M Playback: In ST3, muted channels are completely ignored, not even effects are interpreted. Let's try this in MPT, too.
 [Fix] <Jojo> S3M Compatibility: Slightly better handling of vibrato/tremolo waveform types (although the ST3 help screen says that continuous vibrato/tremolo is possible, it does actually not work.)
 [Reg] <Jojo> Cannot create S3M files with more than 100 patterns anymore, because...
 [Fix] <Jojo> ... it was possible to create S3M files where the 256 parapointers were not enough, resulting in incomplete/broken files.
 [Fix] <Jojo> S3M/IT Compatibility: Note Cut really cuts notes and does not just mute them (so that following volume commands could restore the sample)

Other modules:
 [Imp] <Jojo> MT2 Loader (MadTracker): Make use of the "lines per beat" header field. Release node is not set anymore for each and every instrument envelope. MT2 files are now loaded as IT files by default (instead of XM) because of their extended instrument properties (NNAs, filters, etc) - I wonder what this breaks, but I don't bother much because MT2 support was already 100% broken before this. :) Some MT example tunes sound a bit better now at least.
 [Fix] <Jojo> PTM Loader: Fixed an unhandled null pointer exception that occured when loading some unsupported RAR files.
 [Fix] <Jojo> PSM16 Loader: Fix for note cut on tick 0 (warbot tune from Silverball)
 [Fix] <Jojo> Threw out the old ULT loader in favor of Storlek's loader from SchismTracker (used with permission from the author himself). This is a lot more accurate than MPT's old loader.
 [Fix] <Jojo> DBM Loader: Various fixes to increase import precision and an endianness fix
 [Fix] <Jojo> AMF DSM Loader: Made some changes to the pattern reader, which elimiante the strange "vC7" commands in the pattern. I have found no hints on whether my fix is correct or not, apart from the fact that those AMF files that I have play a lot better now. And it makes kind of sense...
 [Fix] <Jojo> IMF Loader: Some fixes copied from Schism (copied from MikMod)

MPTM
 [New] <rewbs> Added combined note delay & note cut command for MPTM only (":xy" means delay until tick x and play for y ticks).
 [New] <Jojo> MPTM command S7D explicitely enforces pitch envelope, S7E enforces filter envelope.

Module cleanup
 [Imp] <Jojo> In the cleanup dialog, mutually exclusive items are now automatically unchecked, to avoid confusion.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Made the dialog look a bit nicer.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Because of an error in pattern count retrival, the last pattern was not checked when looking for unused samples which sometimes resulted in deleted samples (although they were actually used).
 [Fix] <re>   Fixed a memory leak in pattern name handling.

Wave Export
 [New] <Jojo> It is now also possible to render by instrument (i.e. one wave file per instrument).
 [Imp] <Jojo> When switching to another task and switching back to OpenMPT, it is now less likely that the infamous "OpenMPT does not respond" dialog from Windows occurs.
 [Imp] <Jojo> The wave export "render by channel" mode ignores empty channels now.

Misc
 [New] <Jojo> INI Settings: When portable mode is enabled, the most common paths in mptrack.ini are now translated to relative paths (if possible). Plugin paths are not translated to relative paths (yet).
 [New] <Jojo> Modules in gzip archives (single-file .gz archives) can now be imported, just to satisfy my laziness when downloading gzipped modules from Amiga Music Preservation. :-P
 [Imp] <Jojo> Mod Loaders: Instead of creating messageboxes in various places, errors are now written to the log and one messagebox is shown for each file.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Binary files are now less often falsely recognized as early MOD files (15 samples without header): If the orderlist contains orderlist items > 128, loading is cancelled.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Song Properties: Tooltips are shown for various controls.
 [Mod] <Jojo> Options: Removed the "space bar repeats previous action" option, as it did not work anymore since the new keyhandler is used; in fact, this option can be achieved instead by using the "on key hold" for the "quick paste" key shortcut.
 [Reg] <rewbs> Removed old "velocity" volume command, which was experimental and unused.
 [Mod] <Jojo> Replaced default VU-meter colours for the MPT scheme by more pleasant colours that were already used for the other themes.
 [Mod] <Jojo> Updated internet links (ModPlug Central Forums link is now a permalink)
 [Fix] <Jojo> MPTM Saving: A missing null pointer check crashed OpenMPT when trying to access a deleted instrument slot.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Multi window edit: When (un)muting a channel from the general tab in window 1, it was instantly shown in the pattern editor of window 2, but not vice versa.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Channel Manager: When removing channels using the channel manager, their names were not cleared properly.
 [Fix] <Jojo> Song Length Detection: *Much* more accurate song length detection!
 [Fix] <Jojo/re> Instrument IO: Flags from old ITI/XI files should also be loaded correctly now (broken in 1.18.00.00)
 [Fix] <Jojo> Plugin Editor: Changing a plugin parameter in MOD/S3M files doesn't mark them as modified anymore.
 [Fix] <Jojo> When using the "close file" shortcut several times in a row so that multiple messageboxes popped up, it was possible to crash OpenMPT.
 [Reg] <Jojo> Removed AutodetectITplaystyle option, since the tracker detection works reliably enough now. Tracker detection can not be ignored anymore now.

Installer/release package
 [New] <Jojo> Try to find out what keymap file suits the user best.
 [New] <Jojo> Scan for previously installed VST Plugins
 [Imp] <Jojo> Use DDE commands to open files.
 [Imp] <Jojo> Copy config files from app's directory to appdata if necessary and possible.
 [Imp] <Jojo> User is asked if they want to keep personal settings.
 [Imp] <Jojo> With the new version of InnoSetup, a "real" portable setup can now finally be created.
 [Mod] <Jojo> Added OpenMPT 1.18 release notes document for package template
 [Mod] <Jojo> Updated DE_jojo.mkb
 [Mod] <Jojo> Updated Paul Legovitch's keymap (now also suitable for desktop keyboards); use this as the default "french" keymap in the installer.
 [Mod] <re>   Updated default keybindings.

Additional file hashes:
mptrack.exe
MD5   : 75373608adf72bcf1b7a26a6110b970d
SHA-1: a068ae5209830f63f59032786ba395a28986c4e3

OpenMPT_SoundTouch_i16.dll
MD5   : 61394171ae5c150afd91048fe0406b26
SHA-1: e2b7cdb67fbed8e730af34cc00c75b2109125fe3

unmo3.dll
MD5  : 2bc3934850fef1cb78b6acd1673e5969
SHA-1: 2e17f7bb6d19ce326851333b918070c5357cacd1

Have fun, and don't forget to give us some feedback! :)
Please also go through the bug reports / feature requests boards and check if we have fixed a bug / implemented a feature reported / suggested by you without noticing. :lol:

Rakib

Great package.
I liked the idea with songs included, but why not also have some tuning files in it?
^^

Paul Legovitch

Great stuff ! :shock:
I used the installer in portable mode to install on linux and it worked... nice !
A lot of things to test...

"Select All" shortcut in order list is great. Insert empty sequences is also better I think to work with sequences.

The new note delay+cut : xy looks interesting but was mapped to shift+$ by default wich was strange. I changed it to ":" (maybe I'll send you an updated keymap at some point)
I'm not sure this is explained anywhere but : 0y acts like SCy and : x0 like SDx
An option to use this new command to record notes live would be a great plus (instead of SDx for note trigger and note off).

I'll install it on windows tomorrow to continue the testing :)