I hesitate to ask, but...

Started by tolworthy, February 17, 2006, 22:49:09

Previous topic - Next topic

XAVT

You need to get yourself a better PR agent ;)
As for the game, it sounds promising and I`ve always hoped a game of depth will someday pop-up. I wish you the best of luck.
As for music. I generally compose electronic music of any sort and feel free with tribal. You can listen to a few things I composed here. If it suits you in any way, or if you need help creating the inner game sound effects, I`d be more then glad to aid you. Contact me at alkarel@hotmail.com.

Nothing stands on the path of will ;)
A cigarette a day keeps the doctor at bay.
A joint a week makes him look unique.

tolworthy

Just to let you know that the game is progressing nicely. The original plan was to have six classic novels released all at once in 2012. But the latest plan is to release an early, smaller version at the end of this year/start of next. This will then be improved and expanded at intervals toward the main target date, six novels plus massive universe plus in depth serious conversations by 2012.

First version: LesMisGame.com
Main site (just a front page so far): EnterTheStory.com

SoundCrafter

Awesome! I actually just thought about this the other day! good to hear it's going well!

I'm curious, how's the composition going for the tracks? I might be able to pull something up before I graduate high school haha!
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

tolworthy

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"I'm curious, how's the composition going for the tracks? I might be able to pull something up before I graduate high school haha!

There are over a thousand main scenes, and so far:

Done: six menu and start pages have classical/choral intro music (I just love it!)

Done: I have 12 hours of music from various free and nearly-free sources, which is fine for all the "miscellaneous" scenes, but it's not really good enough for the main story. If I have to then I'll use this, but I'm always looking for something better. The problem is I can't pay anything near what the music is worth, and I can't offer royalties, but I can offer the composer's name in the game - I can even name a character after you if you like!

The biggest need is for the unifying theme, several pieces with the same recognizable sound that people will identify with the game. Something that suggests deep emotion and poor people in the streets of Paris.

The last date for adding music for this release is December, or possibly January. After that, long term (for the next release and after) I'm short of music suitable for under the sea, caves, ancient Rome, empty deserts, and outer space.

I don't know if that makes any sense!

SoundCrafter

Well...I couldn't ask for royalties, but I AM an egotistical SOB and I'd love to see my name in (pixelized) lights =P

Oddly I just wrote a piano theme that has a WIDE range of emotion...might be suitable for the main theme? I'll see if I can put a bit of it together for you.

I also might be able to write some stuff for caves and outer space...and possibly others. I'll have to sit down at my piano and see what happens. ;-)
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

tolworthy

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"Well...I couldn't ask for royalties, but I AM an egotistical SOB and I'd love to see my name in (pixelized) lights =P

Oddly I just wrote a piano theme that has a WIDE range of emotion...might be suitable for the main theme? I'll see if I can put a bit of it together for you.

I also might be able to write some stuff for caves and outer space...and possibly others. I'll have to sit down at my piano and see what happens. ;-)

That sounds great! Anyone who's serioous can get a work-in-progress copy to see what they thing. I won't put the URL on a public forum, but if you seriously want to be part of it, just PM me

Thanks!