[Primatism] Le Sacre du Printemps (wmv)

Started by uncloned, February 02, 2010, 01:12:17

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

I was playing with screen capture today and produced a piano reduced animated score and player piano of Igor Stravinsky's Rite of Spring from a series of midi files I obtained back in the 90's.

104 meg wmv file HD resolution.

http://clones.soonlabel.com/public/classical-music/stravinsky-rite-of-spring-animated-score.wmv

No I don't know if this is 100% correct - seems close enough to me without direct comparison. The software used was Sonar 8.5 (with brain dead handling of accidentals) and Pianoteq 3.5

I really enjoy watching the score as the piece plays - perhaps you will too!

AlisterFlint

interesting indeed. what i feel is somehow missing there, is the touch velocity. all notes are played same level, whereas maybe some variation could enrich the playing.

on a sidenote, what software do you use for screen capture?

uncloned

to bring out all parts at a majority of the time I reduced the dynamic range to in pianoteq to 30db - but indeed dynamics are there.

The program I used is one LPChip recommended (I believe) called FRAPS.

http://www.fraps.com/

However - I did not find a way to reduce the captured screen size - I generated some 20 or 24 gigs of uncompressed AVI video in 4 gig chunks that I had to piece together and crop in Sony Vegas.

There is a slower middle part I want to quote and do something with. Starts about 7:36 (and the film is out of sync there to the end :-(   )

AlisterFlint

oh yes, fraps is good but output huge uncompressed files.. reason why i'm asking is that it might come handy to do some captures to insert in Cosmo visuals ;)

uncloned

I don't have a workable alternative to FRAPs right now.

I'm open to suggestion - and yes I agree re: cosmo!

AlisterFlint

i dont either; all i have is the soft that comes with the cam, and max res is 640x480 with an average quality.
maybe fraps is the key..

uncloned

yeah - I think the thing to do is to reduce my screen resolution - no need for ridiculous rez.