[simple rock] undetermined title (mp3) comments hopefully

Started by uncloned, February 16, 2010, 04:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

you can always give constructive criticism

listeners do it all the time.

turn about is fair play

I've been learning guitar and composition since 74.

I play guitar, bass, keyboards, mandolin, attempted drums but that didn't fair too well. Also have electronic saxophone and soprano recorder, miscellaneous percussion things. And don't forget the didgeridoo.

I try to sing but most everyone dislikes my voice so I put it though tons of effects.

I have a 2 year degree in music - classical guitar / composition.
Before that I was self-taught, since then I've been self teaching. Currently I'm reading Schoenberg's books on Theory and Harmony.

Incidentally I have a degree in chemistry too - that plays here but in unforeseen ways...

I like contemporary classical music, especially micro tonal music in classical, electronic, ambient varieties and seem to be writing a lot of Jazz of late too.  I dislike dance music whose only reason for existence is to move bodies because I generally find it too repetitive.  

Rock music, on most days, is old and tired for me - this piece I put together in less than an hour - each track was a 1  take improvisation after I found the tempo and turned Session Drummer 3 on to give me a beat. I write rock music mostly to relax. - Yes I've used these progression before.

I consider my musical future  to be at the intersection of microtonal ambient classical music. I really knew this since I graduated with the music degree - but computers are making what I imagine possible to do.

Sam_Zen

Nice plain piece of rock !

What's the brand of this el. saxophone ?
(I'm curious, because the same friend with the Ebow, also has an EWI)

uncloned

Thanks for the listen and comment Sam!

I got a Casio DH-100

a silver one

I used it here:

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=2610.0

and some other more recent piece...

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=3095.0