Jokes and funny stories topic.

Started by LPChip, September 30, 2010, 13:52:29

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Someone sent the following real story to me and I decided to share it with all of you.

<k2xl> in 1998, i made a C++ program to calculate pi to a billion digits.
<k2xl> i coded it on my laptop (pentium 2 i think) and then ran the program.
<k2xl> the next day i got a new laptop but decided to keep the program running.
<k2xl> it's been over seven years now since i ran it. and this morning it finished calculating.
<k2xl> the output:
<k2xl>      "THE VALUE OF PI TO THE BILLIONTH DIGIT IS = "
<k2xl> mindblowing eh?
<k2xl> i looked in the code of my program, and i found out that i forgot to output the value :(.
<k2xl> Comment: true story, i fixed the code and am running it again
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

That's unbelievable. Wow... The poor dude. Someone needs to buy that man a stiff drink.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Rakib

^^

Inavon

Many people experience these things, but this one was extreme. Such a great program with one little (but significant) mistake ruined the whole thing. It would be nice to store a 1 GB text file called pi though. :lol:
I have no sig—wait, what this?

Really Weird Person

Wow, ninety-six gigabytes of RAM, that is a lot of RAM. If a computer like that can calculate Pi to five trillion decimal places, then imagine what a computer in five or ten years might be able to do. And it is only 1,066 MHz, not even 1,333 MHz. Psst, hey, person who did that, what was the Daisyth (1,852,083rd) digit?

Louigi Verona

Saga Musix

Speaking of funny stories... Here's a funny video! :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dhBr3ObVVA
Making this video was like going through hell, we're in the year 2010 and apparently there are still no *usable* video editors. But hey, this video should give an impression how much of a "simulation" Actua Soccer really is. :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Ok there is a Dutchguy, a German, and a english man....standin on the diving board and below there is an empty shimmin poool! So god says: You can all make 1 wish..and you get the whole swimming pool full of it ;D

So the Dutchguy says, i want to have a nice women...so god did the trick an KaBlaM..a whole swimming pool, full with nice women, so he jumps in.

The German says i wanna have beer! So he gets a whole pool, full with beer....and he jumps in :P

The english fellah said i wanna have a whole pool...slips out..says sHIT!
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin