Is it just me, or.....?

Started by Squirrel Havoc, February 17, 2006, 05:42:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Squirrel Havoc

Have quite a few people shown up out of nowhere to ask for help. I think this is a good sign, it shows that MPT is getting out there, and people are interested. What are you guys' thoughts on this?
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Louigi Verona

Sam_Zen

Nice observation. This has an influence on the main targets of the forum in the direction of 'advanced users'.
This is e.g. a main lack in books about computers. Lots of them for dummies, and lots of them for the high-tech,
but very few for the categories in between.
It also shows that people can find out for themselves how to handle MPT on their own pretty far, before
having questions. A good sign indeed.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Nice observation. This has an influence on the main targets of the forum in the direction of 'advanced users'.
This is e.g. a main lack in books about computers. Lots of them for dummies, and lots of them for the high-tech,
but very few for the categories in between.
It also shows that people can find out for themselves how to handle MPT on their own pretty far, before
having questions. A good sign indeed.

I agree, but i also noticed that some havent tried too hard first, that or MPT's interface is very confusing. But I had no problem figuring it out, I was making music by the end of the day. I used the tutorial starter pack that they used to have, and it helped alot
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Sam_Zen

Well, if people don't try enough, so want to skip the learning phase, they don't deserve to enjoy the glorious advantages of MPT

Bubblenugget

It took me a while to even get on the forum.  I've been reading it as a visitor for about a year, just to get the latest info.  I guess I joined up because everyone is so helpful and I wanted to help the newbs as well.

I'll admit though "Hey!!!  I NEED HEEEELP.  WHAT DOES THE BUTTON 'Q' DO?"
well....  I hope it doesn't get that bad. :)