Sequence Insertion Shortcut

Started by Really Weird Person, January 28, 2010, 03:34:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

I do not seem to find a way to create a shortcut for quick sequence insertion. That would be a nice thing to see though.

LPChip

You mean as in: select an order, then press and hold insert to insert a bunch of that pattern in a row?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quoteselect an order
Quotethen press and hold insert to insert a bunch of that pattern in a row?
You contradict yourself here. Orders != Patterns. You probably mean orderlist items, but certainly not orders. And there's indeed no way to insert or delete orders via shortcut yet.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

I am actually referring to sequences of patterns (such as sequence 1 containing x patterns and sequence 2 containing y patterns). Jojo has likened them to separate songs in the past.

Saga Musix

What did I do in the past? O_o
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Quote from: "Jojo"What did I do in the past? O_o
Likened multiple sequences to multiple songs (and then you and I got into the discussion about your distaste for making them consecutive because it would make Modplug Tracker more like a playlist editor, which is not your goal) (in conjunction with my need for more patterns, because I then went into how 50 × 64,000 = 3,200,000 and how if the consecutive sequence feature was implemented that I would not have to mention the low pattern limit again. Are you surprised at that memory? I think that it might have been 8 GB of DDR3 running at 1333 MHz! :lol:

Saga Musix

You make no sense, as always... Just stop with this crap, it does not belong in the feature request system (nor the bug tracking system).

Really Weird Person

I think that the request portion does. Perhaps the fact that you asked a simple question (or at least what appeared to be a simple question) and I answered it was the bad portion and the portion that you did not understand (since you stated that I did not make sense). Perhaps the part that did not make sense was the ending of the post (the portion about the memory being 8 GB DDR3 running at 1333 MHz). That was intended to be a joke (that perhaps you did not get or thought that it was too lame to even try to comprehend). Perhaps it was the memory itself and the part about the pattern limit essentially being increased by the sequences (the things that there are 50 of, and they tend to duplicate each other)* being cosecutive.

* I have not tested this feature in version 1.18 yet, so the behavior may have been changed, though I doubt that it is.