Any good saxofon vst out there

Started by Rakib, January 13, 2010, 23:30:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

^^

psishock

I'm almost 100% sure that this is recorded saxophone playing.

On the other hand, why dont you try and cooperate with other live instrument players on these projects? It's a lot more efficient than a live instrument VSTIs for sure, and it will definitely sound right. There are people who will gladly work with other people all over on the net.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Knowing someone who knows how to play the instrument is definitely an advantage here, since he knows how to articulate and how to produce realistic sound (in fact, he can only create "realistic" sound with a real sax). When I need guitar stuff, I normally let a friend come over and record it. It's more efficient and more realistic than 10 hours of VSTi param tweaking.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I think this kind of sound can be archieved with Vanguard.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

The best I've found so far is DSK SaxophoneZ. It is a sample based vst.

http://rekkerd.org/dsk-releases-saxophonez/

I've got this far clip but if anyone knew of some better, please let me know.
^^

Saga Musix

LPChip, are you kidding? Vanguard is a synthesizer. How can it even remotely sound like a real Sax?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"LPChip, are you kidding? Vanguard is a synthesizer. How can it even remotely sound like a real Sax?

Someone in the past showed me a sax based on synthesis that came really close to an original. I believe it was Mastrix or Analysis.

So no, am not kidding!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Vanguard is a "simple" softsynth that has no way to articulate like a Sax player at all. I mean, it's still pretty easy to get the general tone of a Sax, but you can't really get the sounds "between" two notes being played or similar stuff with simple FM synthesis. I am pretty sure you're confusing some plugins here.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"Vanguard is a "simple" softsynth that has no way to articulate like a Sax player at all. I mean, it's still pretty easy to get the general tone of a Sax, but you can't really get the sounds "between" two notes being played or similar stuff with simple FM synthesis. I am pretty sure you're confusing some plugins here.

I'm pretty sure I mean reFX Vanguard. But you are right in a way though... it'll never be a real sax.

uncloned

IF this is a one off I can run midi through my Roland GR-20 which can do a fair tenor sax.

I use here

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=3433.0

as well as lots of other songs.

Or

you may want to look into garritan jazz and big band vst and samples.