[Hiphop beat] Street Knowledge (192Kbs MP3)

Started by kit beats, December 31, 2009, 09:29:02

Previous topic - Next topic

kit beats

[Hiphop beat] Street Knowledge (192Kbs MP3) bumpin hiphop beat.

Therefore, a new hiphop beat posted by samplekit called "Street knowledge" that is in MP3 format should have the following subject:

hiphop beat

direct link:http://www.samplekit.nl/samplekit-streetknowledge.mp3

Thanks for listening and the best wishes for 2010 people :gjob:
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

psishock

Well on my experience, if you plan to work with hip-hop, you need to focus 95% of your skills on good lyrics and good timing with rapping in on the beat, with variations. The "background" beat structure is almost non important, but merely a filler, that gives you the timing and the breaks.

Alto', i've spotted pieces were neither the beat, nor the lyric made any normal sense, but they were good for bouncing to them i guess, on parties:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6erAShL0NcE
=)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

kit beats

Yes i think so to! I don't got anyone who rap or some, i just make beats for fun. searching for a melody/sounds and plant a beat on it.

Nice song, i like it hahah :)

kit beats

psishock do you know how to make an easy and catchy filler?
or how to make a filler @ all :-). Do you mean melody by that or?

Best regards,

psishock

Well for starters, fillers are fillers and the catchy stuff are usually the "chorus" or "refrain" if you like.

If you're making anything that aims the big masses (like pop or rap for instance), simplicity is the key. (Any level of) complex stuff will get the simple listener confused, and you dont want that, but shutting his brain down totally. So aim your creativity having that in front of you, you cant possibly go wrong. It's proven that anything can go reeeealy popular.
Some of the most popular pop hits are dead simple (structure, melody, sounds). The thing is, they don't even need to sound good, right, or be really melodic, mostly just need to be spammed everywhere, get radio stations and TVs to play it every time and people will just start to like it and everybody will demand it.

Possibly the most popular pop stuff on youtube has almost 93millon views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tMV96xULk
(in real world also one of the most popular, if not the most) and it really doesnt have anything particular "valuable" on it, it was just spammed everywhere and gained popularity.

So there you have it. Crowd filler music aren't about catchy or interesting compositions, strictly only depends on good marketing. You can make dead boring stuffs, as long people will get bombarded with it constantly, they will happen to like it sooner or later (people eat anything as long "the big guys" are telling them its good, you know). Just try to not make the music too annoying, have in mind that it will play over, and over , and over...
have mercy over people =)

uncloned

one consequence one perhaps does not think about too often...

this guy will be singing this one song for the rest of his life.

talk about Hell on Earth.

psishock

Well, singing your marker blasting song once (on every live-gig) is a small price, compared to popularity, possibilities, fame and money, gained by it.

You can sing many more of your new songs also over live performances, and seeing/hearing the crowd get crazy over your (old) hit can fill you with energy all the time.

I think one could live with that amount of repetition on his life. (heh, talkin about other poor people with 8-10 hours of daily and not really inspiring work in factories/offices example)

uncloned

perhaps its me....

I don't like doing what I did 5 years ago because I feel I have progressed pass that point.

My impression of "commercial" success is unless you are a total standout like Pink Floyd like your description above no one cares about your artistry only your gimmicks.

This could be my own rationalization for having made poor decisions to throw away what little chance I did have at success. Then on the other hand I really wasn't too enamored with doing covers - and after a while doing your hit from 10 or 20 or 30 years ago would essentially be doing a cover.

Now... if one can be the dude who writes the hits and doesn't have to perform them - different story - at least for me. And that was what I was really after - incidentally Genesis had that goal to be writers not performers so it has to be even harder to do.

uncloned

and I totally apologize for hijacking your thread Mr. Samplekit

kit beats

its cool, alot of knowledge here by the way:)
did'nt know about the 93.000.000 vieuws thats unbelievible, for that song.

i think whats imported to make stuff that you like for yourself making it. if other people like it than its cool, im not telling what you should like.
no discussion about that.

ontopic: for example yesterdaynight, i sampled a tune, cutting the sound and made like a catchy melody of it and set a beat on the melody. i was again suprised about it so that is the fun for me. but the beat is not filling in the melody -or opposite- and now im searching my ass offfor the right snare but in my mind i already have the song, thats what i ment. :-)

@uncloned, by the way im going to buy translator so i can translate al your sf2 files in wav, there are some excelent tones in it i discover, and its alot :D

Cheers!

psishock

That is the right approach Samplekit. Make music with your own creativity, that appeals to you, at very first. (not necessary to go all the time for crowd pleaser catchy stuff) :)

Quoteontopic: for example yesterdaynight, i sampled a tune, cutting the sound and made like a catchy melody of it and set a beat on the melody. i was again suprised about it so that is the fun for me. but the beat is not filling in the melody -or opposite- and now im searching my ass offfor the right snare but in my mind i already have the song, thats what i ment.
oh, then the easier part is done :D, the most hardest is always figuring out the structure and the arrangements in a song. If only a few good sounding sample is missing, that can be easily fixed, with a bit of looking and searching.

uncloned:
many people don't develop further over a certain level, so hearing their 10 year old song or their brand new wont give much difference.
We're the type who always researches for new ways, there are a lot of people that are "using" the traditional, working stuff, only to have fun, and to entertain the people.

But even so, even your 10 year old stuff can have something very special and unique about itself, you never know, even "listeners" are seeing/hearing differently your compositions. And if people are really liking it too, and demanding you to play it for them, why shouldn't you please them? Good live gigs are for having fun both of performers and listener crowd.