Main Menu

IT jobs?

Started by oxxi, December 31, 2009, 19:25:48

Previous topic - Next topic

oxxi

The time has come for me to get a decent job. I can't decide what to pick:
IT technician, Web developer, web designer, or programmer. Any advice would help.  :)
////

psishock

Its not you who picks a job, its the job (company) that pick you.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

oxxi

What I mean is, what should I focus on studying? IT Tech etc... some recommendations.
////

Saga Musix

You should really decide that for yourself. We can't tell you what you like. It's not like any of those jobs have the ultimate advantage why you should take them.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

you should really be picking the one that you may like the most. Hafta consider that you will most likely do that in your entire life.
Any of these jobs can pay well if you do them right.

oxxi

That's good to know. Well I guess I'll continue studying for my A+. I just couldn't make up my mind, because I like writing html, and also would like to learn some programming languages, but the later has a deep learning curve, and I'm always on modplug too much, no time for that right now. Thanks for the advice guys!
////

Nahkranoth

Feck the damn job, make some music man, that's why you're should be here:-)

oxxi

Yeah, I'll always make music. I just can't pay my bills or save money with these dead end jobs. Making a living from music is difficult.
////

psishock

you do? oO' where are some nice posts?
Making a living is difficult, and it will be more with time, whatever you do, to be honest. =)

residentgrey

Getting A+ will help you get your bills paid, and could fund your other interests as well. I do some web design right now which will get me caught up on a few things, and give me a lil nest egg for my future projects. I also do some metalworking with a friend of mine, so one thing to think of these days is how many ways can you use your skills for income?
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.