[symphonic rock] Confusing Thoughts II (mp3)

Started by TheEagle, January 01, 2010, 13:34:57

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

why not?

I'm not suggesting you sound like me - I'm suggesting your guitar to be more expressive like me (and all those others)

It is unlikely you'd sound like me (or those others) unless you wre real intentional in doing so because everyone's style is a matter of choices - and you'd have to make all of the same choices I (or those others) would in a given situation. Very unlikely - and doesn't work for new - only for imitating what happened before.

TheEagle

Quote from: "uncloned"It is unlikely you'd sound like me (or those others) unless you wre real intentional in doing so because everyone's style is a matter of choices - and you'd have to make all of the same choices I (or those others) would in a given situation.
From my point of view the only way to sound like you or the others is learning to play a real guitar and not just playing around with this simulated stuff. But I think I'm now to old to learn how to play an instrument and I lack the time for it unfortunately...

uncloned

oh man, I disagree

this dude can program VSTi to sound like real music players all of the time

Fabio Napodano
to modules

show details 11:04 AM (56 minutes ago)

a new song by me has just been released; it is a jazz song called "A Persuasive Wait".

Enjoy, and imagine..

OGG: http://www.renoise.com/songs/cntdl.php?si=1307&dt=2&ln=napodano.com/music/download.php?Id=1141

MP3:
http://www.napodano.com/music/download.php?Id=2141

I know him a bit - (we go back to the Usenet module days) - it is detail, detail, detail. He is obsessive with it but gets incredible results.

Nahkranoth

Great work, Mr.Eagle!
Enjoyed every moment of it. Not a single boring part, haven't been bothered by non-realistic guitars (there were any?) too.
How you ever manage to make >3 min songs, would you share a secret? :D

TheEagle

Hi & welcome back to life, Mr. Noth. It has been a while since you've been seen here... :wink:
Thank you for listen & liking the song.

QuoteHow you ever manage to make >3 min songs, would you share a secret?

[whispering] Pssst....Yes, I will: It's a simple trick. Each part for itself is not enough for a song, so I simply put them together and -voila- an over 7 minutes song is finished....
But..pssst...please do not tell the others....[/whispering] :D

Nahkranoth

Actually I've been busy with real life and drinking :D Downloaded your track long ago, but listened only yesterday.

And that secret, gotta write it down before it will be long forgotten :lol:

mrvegas

Cool song.  The guitar entrance was really neat.  The guitar sounds very realistic.

TheEagle

Thank you for your comment, mrvegas.

QuoteThe guitar sounds very realistic.

Umm, yes, I agree (especially compared to my old sample-only songs like this.). But unfortunately some other members here see it different...

BTW. The link in your signature doesn't seem to work.

uncloned

for the record I am only saying that
Quote"I think including bends and vibrato in the guitar lead part would help liven it up a bit. "

which is different than saying it sounds unrealistic.  It certainly DOES sound realistic to me in the sense that I CAN play your leads exactly as you've presented them on my guitar without a problem - so... yes they are realistic.

Your question was how to add more expressiveness to you work - and I've tried to support that request (to no avail?)

And it was unfortunate that I used the term "realism" and "imitate" here:

Quoteyou have a choice - Nothing is ever wrong, really - having a non-vibrato guitar lead could be considered a stylistic marker for you

or

you can go for realism - and where you stop is up to you - If you want to imitate my leads I think that bends and vibratos are the minimum

But, as I said, the composition is excellent, so it really is a composer choice, not necessity.

All I was doing was trying to answer this

QuoteI have to say, that I'm not a guitar player. I never learned to play an instrument, so what I mentioned above is just 'guessing' but not 'knowing'.
Maybe Mr Uncloned, as a guitar-player, could explain that further...

Which you said after

QuoteAnd I think I know what you mean when you say the lead guitar sounds 'dead'.
When a real guitar player plays a melody again and again, it will never sound always the same. There are always slight variations in playing. I think, the reason for this is, that the player never hit the guitar strings at -exactly- the same point. And this is what I would call "soulful" or "emotional" playing.
And these slight variations that makes the difference between 'vital' or 'dead' guitars-sound cannot be simulated by a vsti. Or better: I never heard about a vsti, that could do this...

I never meant you try to copy my lead style

As I said earlier
But, as I said, the composition is excellent, so it really is a composer choice, not necessity

TheEagle

Hmm. I think there is confusion and some misunderstandings in this topic.

I understood the essence this way: less expressiveness = more artificial = not realistic/natural

And I think at least Mr. Noth understood it the same way:
Quote...haven't been bothered by non-realistic guitars (there were any?)...

QuoteYour question was how to add more expressiveness to you work - and I've tried to support that request (to no avail?)
If it had been in vain, I would not have engaged with the param-contol-notes, and I would not have  downloaded your guitar-samples in order to do some experiments with them...

QuoteAnd it was unfortunate that I used the term "realism" and "imitate"
Yes, indeed. I have to confess that the term "imitate" made me upset, because it sounded like "plagiarism" to me. It was another misunderstanding.

QuoteI never meant you try to copy my lead style

Well, finally I learned that the "language-barrier" is much higher than I first thought. So, I think it would be better for me to abstain in future discussions...

No harm meant, Mr. Unlconed!

uncloned

abstain from future conversations?

what did I do?

I am so thoroughly confused, I was only trying to help.

TheEagle

Quote from: "uncloned"what did I do?
You did nothing wrong. I did! When I registered here I thought I could handle being a member of an English-speaking community without embarrassing myself. Now I think that this was a misjudgement.

Quote from: "uncloned"I was only trying to help.
I know! And I really appreciate it....

uncloned

after reviewing this chain of posts:

Perhaps it would have been best to stand your ground with AppleJoe and stated that the guitar sounds like you want it. There is nothing wrong with that. You are the composer so the freedom is yours to chose.

I had no idea you grabbed my samples or listened to the example modules - somehow I missed your post acknowledging receipt of them.

TheEagle

Quote from: "uncloned"I had no idea you grabbed my samples or listened to the example modules - somehow I missed your post acknowledging receipt of them.
I simply forgot to do so. My mistake....sorry....