Linux is NOT Windows

Started by Louigi Verona, December 29, 2009, 22:22:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

I know, because it's still a free version.

Saga Musix

Sam, be aware that many of those registry cleaners are scareware in some sense, because most of them make the registry more cluttered than it actually is. I certainly won't run that program, but I can imagine that those "dead links" (which are no links at all) may for example result from the "most recent files" list that you find in programs' "file" menus (like in OpenMPT's), where you have opened those specific files and then deleted them afterwards. THis is not harmful at all - as I say, it's just scaring the user. Windows itself doesn't do such a stupid thing!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

g

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I know, because it's still a free version.
As is the latest version.

Sam_Zen

I'm getting a bit fed up with arguing all the time, so I rest my case.

g

You shouldn't let Internet people annoy you, they're the stupidest kind there is. On the other hand, I think it's important with an open mind and an open discussion. It's perfectly fine to be wrong sometimes.

psishock

QuoteYou shouldn't let Internet people annoy you, they're the stupidest kind there is.
thats...not a really nice thing to say. =) Jojo does have a lot of good points imho.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

g

Quote from: "psishock"
QuoteYou shouldn't let Internet people annoy you, they're the stupidest kind there is.
thats...not a really nice thing to say. =) Jojo does have a lot of good points imho.
I meant me... ;)

psishock

i know ^_^, putting the blame to Jojo was the joke part. =D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Louigi Verona

Yeah, I agree with Sam. I wanted to share this article with you guys, have no intention of arguing. Any goal of arguing is to change the opponents position into thinking you are right. I do not want that, in fact - there was no statement over which to argue put forth. Any technical arguments on what is better organized - Windows or Linux - to me seems out of scope of one forum thread on a non-programming related site anyway.

I chose Linux and it is fun to me - I am not a Windows basher. And apart from philosophical reasons, I also left Windows because I personally needed Linux's abilities to work with sound which allow you to route audio from one app to another easily. Mac OS also has some of those possibilities, but not all of them and macbooks are also to expensive for me.

Saga Musix

Quotehave no intention of arguing
Then you should maybe stay away from the internet?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned