Modplug.com downloadserver is currently offline

Started by LPChip, December 26, 2009, 22:09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: "MisterX"The machine that was hosting the download server is toast.  While I do have all of the songs that were posted to it, what I don't have is:

A) A free web server with free unlimited bandwidth (That's what just got toasted)

B) Time to re-upload, re-install, etc.

If LP or someone can arrange for a web host that has the bandwidth needed to host the download system, I can FTP the files there.

I can host the files. No problem. Want me to create you an FTP account MisterX?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

MisterX

Thanks, LP, an alternative is being worked out right now.  This community is awesome!
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

uncloned

ok,

I'm working on a solution for uploading music for presentation here at the modplug forum. I think I know what I want to do but I have a very full schedule today.

In the meantime you can access all of the older uploads at:

http://modplug.soonlabel.com/music

I can say that the above link to your music will be more or less permanent.

Right now download.modplug.com points to the above URL - but that probably will change.

I'd like to thank MrX for giving me this opportunity to give back to the tracker community.

uncloned

ok,

this is how you will b able to post music to modplug in the future via www.notonlymusic.com

You open a topic (or reply to a topic) and upload your file.

Such as this post

http://notonlymusic.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=162&start=0

On the bottom of the post will be your attachment. Right click and "copy link location" - this can be posted here at Modplug.

http://notonlymusic.com/board/download/file.php?id=85

OR

you can use tinyurl which will allow posting to some other sites.

http://tinyurl.com/ydtxtxv

Uploaders will have to register at www.notonlymusic.com "in the clear"
because we have to be able to tell you from a spammer.  If need be PM me here at modplug or at www.notonlymusic.com

uncloned

I apologize if you tried to play this file and it was a problem.

I think the picture I embedded was much to large (on 2nd thought)

uncloned

I'd like to add that using the forum at not only music is an expedient for me. It is not to promote www.notonlymusic.com - though obviously everyone knows that will be a result. If that is the objection I'll just put up another forum at download.modplug.com.

With a forum I don't have to have an upload system coded and with many eyes watching the vetting of songs will be easier.

Also - I had suggested allowing direct uploads to this forum in the past. I still think it is a workable idea just on pure mechanics - but I don't know what the server package here allows.

Lastly, I am just trying to help. I am totally astounded / surprised / disappointed on the silence here on this subject at modplug.

Rakib

Don't misunderstand. There are many great uploading sites for free, I'm using skydrive from MS.
But I think the reason not so many is using notonlymusic.com is because is not featured any place here on this site. MisterX hasn't done anything on modplug.com in years, same with forum which has stayed the same for years. I hope when openmpt.com will be open and when the community is moving we can have an official uploading place, easy to find, easy to know about. And then we can more easily promote the goodwill of this community.

Btw don't think anybody is questioning your intentions.
^^

uncloned

Pardon my confusion.

A few days ago I offered this solution so I'm not surprised it isn't featured.

I offered a solution for the growing number of posts asking about modplug uploads. I pm'd MrX whom I've know since 97 or so and offered to help him and this community out.

If everyone here is wanting to wait for openmpt is put up its no problem for me. But silence on the subject is kind of weird.

as I said I'm just trying help out. Hosting this music and new uploads is not free to me in time, money, or resources.

Louigi Verona

QuoteI'd like to add that using the forum at not only music is an expedient for me. It is not to promote www.notonlymusic.com - though obviously everyone knows that will be a result.

It's a pity that you even have to mention this. As if all people do in this world is promote themselves.

g

Quote from: "uncloned"Lastly, I am just trying to help. I am totally astounded / surprised / disappointed on the silence here on this subject at modplug.
I think it's great that you're offering the help to the community! But I also think most of the regulars that do share their music online already have places where they put their stuff already sorted out. I may be wrong, but historically it has seemed to me that the people who used to use the upload services of modplug.com (at least way back when I was an NRE) and the people who frequently partake in the forums are to a large extent two different crowds.

Harbinger

Is it possible to upload other things like images and pdf files to noonlymusic?

And thanks, uncloned, for providing a public outlet for the modplug community...it just goes to show you, you don't know what you got till it's gone. :wink:

So now let's send a message to MisterX: don't play with the computer in the bathtub!! :lol:

uncloned

Hi Harbinger,

You are welcome, and the short answer is yes.

I'm not 100% sure on pdf files but I can make it so.

Chris

uncloned

Quote from: "g"
Quote from: "uncloned"Lastly, I am just trying to help. I am totally astounded / surprised / disappointed on the silence here on this subject at modplug.
I think it's great that you're offering the help to the community! But I also think most of the regulars that do share their music online already have places where they put their stuff already sorted out..

That is understood g.

I'm offering help to those who need it.

Given the choice between my personal server or a public one I would also chose my personal server - or whatever favorite solution I might be used to.

uncloned

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"
QuoteI'd like to add that using the forum at not only music is an expedient for me. It is not to promote www.notonlymusic.com - though obviously everyone knows that will be a result.

It's a pity that you even have to mention this. As if all people do in this world is promote themselves.

all I have to say is:

BRAND NEW BEATS PRODUCED BY JEDAPRIN  

:twisted:

AlisterFlint

here's the list of uploadable files:

gif / jpeg / jpg / png / tga / tif / tiff

Archive
7z / ace / bz2 / gtar / gz / rar / tar / tgz / zip      

Plain Text
c / cpp / csv / diz / h / hpp / ini / js / log / txt / xml      

Document
ai / doc / docm / docx / dot / dotm / dotx / odg / odp / ods /