Modplug.com downloadserver is currently offline

Started by LPChip, December 26, 2009, 22:09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Due to a crash, the modplug download server is off-line. The only bad thing is, that the maintenance guy is off for a holiday break.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

TheEagle

Pity! Just finished a new song. I'll wait with the posting until the server is back online again....

Harbinger

Saga Musix

Wow, that's some long holiday break, I envy that guy!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

Quote from: "Harbinger"OK. so that explains that....

Alternatives?

yes.

email it to me and I'll put it into

http://clones.soonlabel.com/public

Nahkranoth

Any news? I'd like to post a pair of lousy opuses after a break, but there are still some problems with the damned thing. That guy has quite a lengthy holiday.

TheEagle

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"I'd like to post a pair of lousy opuses after a break...
I "moved" to www.box.net. So far it works fine and the "lite"-account is free. You'll get some basic statistics of how often your files are being accessed and they even send a mail if somebody is accessing your files...

uncloned

Nahkranoth

send me a PM if you want me to host your tunes in a folder called Nahkranoth at http://clones.soonlabel.com/public/

I will give you my email address so you can email them to me.

Chris

Nahkranoth

I was going to stop on box.net, but after seeing clones' answer I just can't resist :-) Thanks guys! Gimme a day to think of it.

Nahkranoth

Gawd, can't even send a PM, got some error msg.

Really Weird Person

Nahkranoth

Harbinger

What is the status and expectations of the upload/download site? What's going on? Are we trying to get it back?

LPChip

Quote from: "Harbinger"What is the status and expectations of the upload/download site? What's going on? Are we trying to get it back?

I'll send a mail out to MisterX to ask for the status.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

MisterX

The machine that was hosting the download server is toast.  While I do have all of the songs that were posted to it, what I don't have is:

A) A free web server with free unlimited bandwidth (That's what just got toasted)

B) Time to re-upload, re-install, etc.

If LP or someone can arrange for a web host that has the bandwidth needed to host the download system, I can FTP the files there.
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.