Looking for an ARP VSTi

Started by LPChip, November 28, 2009, 22:11:10

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Hey guys, am looking for a good VSTi that can either do arpeggios or has some kind of step-sequencer.

The plugin should be free although if you know a good one that costs a little bit, I'll look into it too.

If you don't have an idea of what I mean, check out FM8. It has an ARP function that basically does what I'm looking for. I don't want to use FM8 though, and am looking into free alternatives.

To describe the functionality I'm after:

If you press one key, C-4 you will hear only the C-4 in the rhythm of the arpeggio. If you push C-4 and G-4, you'll hear the arpeggio alternate between those two keys. More keys adds more keys to the arpeggio, and if the plugin supports adding custom notes that you don't have to press, that would be fantastic.

Example:

you put C-4 and G-4 as notes, and the arpeggio plays then: C, D, G, G, C, D, G, D.

Am looking forward for any answer I get. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

LPChip

Thanks I'm going to check these out when I have some time. :)

Any more suggestions? :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Harbinger

Also try Ugo's Motion 2.8. You can apply independent filter and note arps, PLUS a gate. Free, yes, but the only downside is you can't tell which notes the slider settings corresponds to. But still very powerful, and Yjana swears by it. I've used it a little, and i really like it's potential.  :D

LPChip

Do you have a link of that Harbinger?

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Louigi Verona