Where'd You Get Your Nick?

Started by Squirrel Havoc, February 14, 2006, 00:54:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "me_mantis"I wanted a better yahoo e-mail account so I applied for mantis@yahoo.com but NOOO someone had already taken it. I didn't want any stupid numbers at the end
(sry if you got em... just makes you less original in most cases =D =D =P)

I know what you mean, after a thousand attempts at a yahoo personals profile name, I gave up and entered my name as "I_bet_this_isnt_taken" heeh and it wasnt! I got lots of compliments on it too. I think I closed that account since i never used it, so anyone can take it now
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Randilyn

[deleted]

rncekel

Mine comes from my initials (rnc; in Spain, we got two family names, not one) and from my old nickname, ekel, which is a word from my own language, that I began to create when I was 9 years old. Ekel, in my language, means "Son of God", but in german also means "disgusting", so I found it quite apropiate as a nickname for me; the kind of joke I always like.

cyperkid

Quote from: "SILOH 3005"Good enough? :P

your awarded in the category "most confusing nickname story"
8)
commodore stole my childhood

LPChip

Quote from: "cyperkid"
8)
I think you are awarded too... I honestly though you were still a kid :lol:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

cyperkid

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "cyperkid"
8)
I think you are awarded too... I honestly though you were still a kid :lol:

:D
worse is:
most tell me that cyber is written correctly with a "b" instead of a "p"
:shock:

Randilyn

[deleted]

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "cyperkid"[worse is:

That's another reason I thought you were a kid, kid's are "too cool" to spell things the right way :)
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

cyperkid

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"
Quote from: "cyperkid"[worse is:

That's another reason I thought you were a kid

maybe i should take it as a compliment as in real life encounter everybody's happy if he/she's thought to be younger...
well, just to fight all doubts: i'm indeed 26.

Waxhead

I did go under the nick SV back in the good old Amiga days ;) The SV is the two first letters of my firstname and I have no idea why I keept that (stupid?) nick. The last few years I've called myself Waxhead (often ppl call me just Wax). I think this is a fun name since I'm getting closer to total baldness every second :idea: - often people relate to the name Waxhead as a head made of wax. It was not the intention ... often many bald guys look like thei have polished their scalp with .... wax :)

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "cyperkid"i'm indeed 26.

noooooo waaaaay?!?!  :shock:

;)

Bubblenugget

I usually go by 2 niks.  The first was Dj Kurzman from 98.  It was based on a web character that I'd made to do music reviews.  My brother had gotten a 'Vampire Dictionary' and one of the articles was on Dr. Kurzman, a supposed and unsuccessful Dr. Frankenstein wannabe.  Dj Kurzman was supposed to review and suggest music that would ressurect a dancefloor (C'mon, I was young).  After becoming an actual Dj I took the name for myself until someone said 'Hey, isn't that a German for short man?'

I decided to shorten it to DjK.  DjKurzman still makes a good screen name though since no one else uses it.

My second nik, Bubblenugget, just sounded incredibly stupid.  So that's the one I use now.

Mr. Mindfuck

By reading the books of Robert Anton Wilson I found the expression 'mindfuck' as a description of brainwash- in an, of course
positive way  :D -  so it became one of the words I frequently used in such context .  Because of the fact, that I?m a 'mindfucking' person, that`s what my friends especially point out  :arrow: one of my best friends once called me- after listening to a new track of mine-
Mr. Mindfuck !
So I became Mr. Mindfuck.
That's all...        :idea:
--------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
-----------get mindfucked--------
-----------------------------
---------------------
-------------

Sam_Zen

My friend in Finland uses the term 'brainfuck' in that way.

residentgrey

my nick is my clever term for a walk-in in the sense of an alien that assumes the semblance of a human and is part of society.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.