[DUPE] Row Spacing applied to effects + volume + delete

Started by markgobbin, November 25, 2009, 22:23:45

Previous topic - Next topic

markgobbin

Okay i figured out row spacing I.E. you hit a note and it will enter the note and then skip to the next row or skip however many rows you set

But this should apply to the effects and volume column too! And for DELETE NOTE!

I hope you do this because other than this, the program is almost perfect for editing tracker files - But without this feature it becomes incredibly difficult and frustrating

thanks.

Saga Musix

It's not really possible for volume and effect column because you need more than just one keystroke to fill something into those columns. however, for deleting, this is already possible: in your keymap, use "Clear field and step" (or "Clear field and step (IT Style)" of course). This will be affected by row spacing as well.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

markgobbin

thanks - however i think it's possible for volume effects because you can type in the effect letter, and it will fill in that row only. Or one digit of the number.

this is how the old dos trackers did it and this is how renoise does it - it just handles individual digits and then steps. it's trading off one convenience for another i suppose, but personally i find it better

Sam_Zen

Hm. An interesting request but quite complicated in practice.
Of course it would be nice to auto-jump to the next location, according to the set row location to enter the values.
But as Jojo states, you'll have to enter more than one values there, so this jump would be premature.

Saga Musix

Quotethis is how the old dos trackers did it and this is how renoise does it - it just handles individual digits and then steps. it's trading off one convenience for another i suppose, but personally i find it better

the problem is that if you compare e.g. ScreamTracker with MPT, you'll see that ST3 has a input cursor that you can move to any digit, while MPT's cursor covers the complete number in a column. I wouldn't find it very to convenient to say "after two key presses, advance to next row", because that would be even worse than the current behaviour and other trackers' behaviour.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

What I always use is this (should work for you too I guess)

I enter the effect that I want, then stand on it, and press enter. This will copy the data to memory. Then I hit space to paste. Row spacing will work on this too, and you can hold space to paste in a row.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Closing as this is has been possible for a while now by setting the EditStepAppliesToCommands hidden setting.