Transpose all notes which use specific sample

Started by Dwedit, January 16, 2010, 18:58:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwedit

There are lots of old MOD files out there which basically have random pitches for the middle C pitch, then have relative pitches on the patterns.  For example, for a particular instrument, an E# note might actually be G, but for another instrument, a C note might be D.

I'd like to be able to change the sample's pitch to proper middle C, AND have all instances of that sample in the song automatically be corrected to what the note really is.

Saga Musix

Why don't you simply use Search&Replace? You can search for all notes that match a given sample number and apply "note +/-1" and "note +/-1 oct" several times to get the correct transposition.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Dwedit

I didn't even know there was a Replace feature, since the menu command text just says "Search".

Saga Musix

Can I assume that this request can be closed then?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.