Sample editor : zoom in + coordinates.

Started by Paul Legovitch, November 18, 2009, 16:53:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Legovitch

1) I'd like more display ratios in the sample editor (bigger than 1:1) to zoom in on samples. Ratios from 2:1 to 16:1 (maybe more) would be great.
It already does that when the sample is really small and the ratio is set to "auto".
This would allow to precisely edit samples with the draw function.

2) It would be nice to have the bottom infobar display the sample's value (height) next to the horizontal coordinate (when hovering the mouse over the sample). Useful to search for loop points or to edit them.

Saga Musix

I tried the first one once but it kinda broke everything. not that I tried hard...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Paul Legovitch

I requested it as it seemed like a logical extension to the other ratios, but it's not a major need (I have other requests coming up actually ! :oops: ).
I always have audacity ready to launch anyway. :)
I must say though that OpenMPT has some pretty useful sample editing possibilites right now, zooming in would allow for more precision.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.