Help with these subjects for OHM...

Started by Harbinger, October 22, 2009, 17:57:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Thanks for the link, g. I'm going to have to trudge thru the techspeak to figure out what it means to the composer.

Bvan: ANYTHING you can bring will help. I'll tell you though, i'm more interested in the Application of FIR and FFT to sample processing rather than the science. Equations don't really help unless you can show me how it applies to the real world. :wink:

Gimme whatever you got! :D

Saga Musix

The FFT algorithm is simply analyzing the frequency spectrum of a sound file. This can for example be used to visually represent a sound spectrum (like Voxengo SPAN) or to create a time stretcher.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

After reading those pages, i can't say i have a clear understanding of what they would mean to a Modplug user. We have a couple of options where a user can choose an algorithm and i'm not going to be able to fully explain what each option means to him. If they're so trivial perhaps we should not make them optionable. But i'd rather have the user know what's going on under the hood if he can select an engine....

I'll keep doing the research, but just to let all of you know, this is one of the things delaying the next release (.8).

g

About the "what's going on under the hood", you can read all there is to know about engines but you'll a better idea of what it means to you by actually test-driving. This would probably be the best place to start.