3.03 OpenMPT crashes after resuming PC

Started by jmkz, November 02, 2009, 22:46:27

Previous topic - Next topic

jmkz

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.03.03

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
Not tested yet

Description of the bug:
I opened the program, and loaded the song "aryx2.5_b.xm" and leave the computer idle. When two hours pass, I moved the mouse (I have configured the monitor turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity) to resume, I gave click play, and instantly closed. I repeated the same thing 4 times and has crashed.

How often does it happen?:
Always

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Load a song (I've open aryx2.5_b.xm) Let's the PC enter in inactive mode, then move the mouse to resume and clic play button. It hangs.

Saga Musix

I would guess that there's an issue with your sound driver; Apart from that, I couldn't think of a reason why it happens (never happened to me).
Does the same thing happen with other programs like audio players?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jmkz

OpenMPT only crashes in the rev. 409, and it's quite strange. I don't have these problems with other audio players like VLC or Winamp. At rev. 410 or 411 I don't have this problem  :shock: maybe is a bad configuration of my computer.

Saga Musix

If you compiled it yourself, maybe went wrong there. Rev. 408 has a few experimental features, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are still broken.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

In order to confirm things, you should also set your computer to switch to stand-by after a minute and try this with different modules.

jmkz

I do a mistake.(:?:) I have an ignored alert of lacking components (or corrupt code) when downloading svn repository, I went to compile again the program in the rev. 409 and it worked. I have tried with several modules and there is no problems.
Maybe you can close this topic, if someone has no problems in this same situation.

Saga Musix

Closed it (although you can do that yourself, you just have to edit your first post's topic :)).