problems with exporting

Started by PJB21, January 09, 2010, 15:32:05

Previous topic - Next topic

PJB21

hey, ive been having some problems when it comes to exporting the song im MPT, i can only export as wav not mp3 and the wav file is massive, i think one was about 2 gigs.... and was a massivly long file, several hours of just nothing untill at some point the song plays ...

i can export as a time limited wav which seems to work, but that way i have to know how long the song is to avoid cutting bits off and after that theres the trouble of converting to mp3...

i was wondering if anyone knew what i was doing wrong? just to say im relatively new to mpt and dont know a great deal about the software so yeah...

it would seem mpt cant reconise the length and so sets it to the max which is longer than mp3 can handle

if it helps im running OpenMPT-1.17.02.53

thanks,
PJB21

Saga Musix

That sounds very weird and I have no clue what you're doing here. Of course MPT can recognize the length of your tune, but maybe you tricked it with some strange pattern jump commands or something... Why does MP3 not work? If possible, provide a module to help us reproduce the problem...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

To be able to export, you need the lame.dll files to be present in the tracker's directory.

When you're in the tracker, hit CTRL-P (to get the estimated song length) Is it saying what you expect?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

PJB21

hmm, i think it may be the lame.dll files, i cant find them anywhere.

i checked the song length and it sounds about right so no problems there...

just run some tests on various songs ive made and its saving them at the right length now so that problem seems to have gone as well... its all rather strange

LPchip, where can i get hold of or find the lame.dll?

thanks,
PJB21

Saga Musix

To clarify what LPChip said, you just need LAME or BladeEnc for exporting to MP3. lame_enc.dll can be obtained through the rarewares website.

just run some tests on various songs ive made and its saving them at the right length now so that problem seems to have gone as well... its all rather strange
Can you provide a testcase or not?

BTW, OpenMPT 1.17.02.53 is outdated.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

PJB21

ive downloaded the latest version of mpt i could find and have installed lame.dll and it all seems to be working now, not sure what caused it in the first place but i guess since its working its not that much of an issue.

thanks for the help everyone,
PJB21