3.02 OMPT rejecting certain MIDI messages

Started by BooT-SectoR-ViruZ, October 22, 2009, 11:40:52

Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.03.02

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): yes, all
(i guess... we don't have the midi mapping that long and it doesn't work with .54 as well)

Description of the bug:
MIDI commands from my e-drums are not accepted in OMPT.
When using a standalone host like NI Battery everything's fine, but it's not possible to get the midi messages into the tracker. Obviously this can also not be solved by inserting a host like Battery as VST, since midi-learn in MIDI-mapping dialogue doesn't detect any input. The messages are also not handled as notes, so i have no idea what MPT does with the input. It also doesn't matter if you use a midi cable or a usb cable.

everything is set up correctly and was successfully tested with my midi-keyboard, which works perfectly fine in modplug.

How often does it happen?:
Always

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Maybe this occurs with other midi hardware too... i guess none of you has e-drums, so all i can do is provide a SendSX file of the MIDI-in

http://breakcorezecke.de/midi-in-e-drums.txt
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Relabsoluness

The input in the file looks to be mostly "note on" messages on channel 10(lines starting with 99) which should not be detected in MIDI mapping as it currently detects only "controller change" messages(starts with Bx), but if I understood correctly that pattern editor etc. doesn't detect incoming notes either, I don't know what's happening.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"if I understood correctly that pattern editor etc. doesn't detect incoming notes either, I don't know what's happening.
you understood correctly

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

as strange as it is... it works now since i installed win7.... fuck vista x64