[electronic tribal ambient ] My Dusty Soul (mp3 & XM)

Started by uncloned, October 21, 2009, 01:19:58

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

MP3

http://clones.soonlabel.com/lotl/my-dusty-soul.mp3

XM lovingly made in modplug tracker

http://clones.soonlabel.com/mods/my-dusty-soul-8.zip

Year: 1999

Album:

Land of the Lost

Artist's description:
I don't remember where I got the drum set from but there is a custom percussion loop thanks to HammerHead.

The voice is mine suitably modified.

That is not a sequencer - there is a CZ-101 patch I preserved that came about from a low voltage event that is rather random.

I guess the most interesting aspect of this is that it becomes "Spectrographic Cornfields Recursively" entirely through post-production techniques in Cool Edit. That will be posted later.

Contributors:
HammerHead Rhythm Station
ModPlug Tracker
Casio CZ-101
Fender Mustang feedback

Inspiration:
What does inspire this sort of stuff?

Sam_Zen

This is already interesting enough.
Even dust can inspire.

uncloned

Thanks for the listen and comment!

I find it hard to hear any relationship between this and spectrographic cornfields despite knowing what I did. I find that odd. When I have been listening to the slowed down music I can still catch glimpses of the original. (Albeit slowed to a half or full hour).

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

With this you are touching on the techno-rock which i once dreamed of making famous. It is not ambient. I would call this art rock. Repeating motifs, a nice blend of dissonance and audio snips. Is that a 9/16 time signature? I love what it does after about 1:15. Reminds one of Primal Electronica (Sam_Zen's usual genre).
This one i'll keep -- i find it's intellect-sparking!

uncloned

Thank you Harbinger - I am glad you like it so much!

Art rock? I think more of (early) Genesis and Yes and ELP as art rock. But then.... one is often trapped within their own perspectives and it takes effort to smash them.