New Preview via mouse

Started by Harbinger, October 13, 2009, 14:47:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Preview with different note stops & NNAs.

When previewing, i often need to know what the sample will sound like with different note stop commands (Note Off, Note Cut, and Note Fade). It would be great if we had either a radio button that gave us a note stop option, or different preview icons with the different note stops to be applied.

This is especially important now that i've discovered Release Nodes. And it would save us the time from having to set up a dummy pattern to hear the instruments during playback.

What would be better would be like an arpeggio of notes so we can hear the effects of NNAs and DNAs.

And maybe a Continue Preview option so it plays over and over while we make adjustments to either the envelope, the NNA attributes, or other settings.
For lots of customization, either a Preview Mode ("Single Note", "Chord", "Arpeggio", or "Tremolo" popup menu), or a link to a dummy pattern file, or an .ini setting....

Here's a mockup of what it might look like on the Instruments page:

LPChip

I always use an empty channel for that, then solo that channel. Works the fastest for me because that way I can set the duration of the note off etc...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs