MySpace doesn't allow an artist to upload his own music

Started by Louigi Verona, October 07, 2009, 20:49:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Legovitch

Quoteif the secret services of the world feels like monitoring your every move...
:lol: well,... they do !   :shock:
Quoteit's probably a good idea to use it to overwhelm "them" with useless information.
The monitoring is made by software I guess. By the way It's not being paranoid to avoid the man that gives you candy, and myspace/facebook and others sure give you a lot of candy for "free". Also I think startpage  is an alternative to google when it comes to privacy.

Great story, so much things are as ridiculous and kafkaesque as this nowadays !

machinesmith

Quote from: "g"
If one is paranoid enough to worry about that, one should also be aware that there is no escape. If the secret services of the world feels like monitoring your every move it's not as if not using facebook will make much of a difference. In fact, it's probably a good idea to use it to overwhelm "them" with useless information.
+1, I wonder though , can I "friend" DARPA and The Office of Information Awareness? I bet they're profiles will contain some hot chick in a tight pink top, If not it could be some ugly suit posing using that infamous `myspace angle'!

PPH

I wonder how much truth there is in that text. I don't have a Facebook account anyway.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "PPH"I wonder how much truth there is in that text.

Actually, although I am concerned about the amount of control a user gets under in the web, I do not believe that what Sam wrote (or linked to) has much truth in it. Most of it are urban myths.

If the secret service wants to know which school you graduated, they can of course look into your Facebook account, but for them it would not be especially difficult to get that info through other sources, really.

I believe that the control is not conscious and is more about getting money and advertising. Google engine tracks where you go to and then shows you certain ads. There is nothing more than that. And actually, there are easy ways to hide yourself and your presence and do not allow Google to access that information. Just google it (hehe).

g

Don't forget it's suspicious to hide your actions. You've got to keep a believable cover, or you'll draw attention to yourself! ;)