3.02 Effect Deletion When Duplicating Patterns

Started by Really Weird Person, October 07, 2009, 20:18:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.03.02

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)

Description of the bug:
It would appear that if a string of patterns is duplicated, any effects that were in any of those patterns are lost. Note:  I have only used the pattern break so far, and only in the first channel, but I would imagine that it probably happens with any of them and in any channel.

How often does it happen?:
Always

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Step 1:  Start a song (The one I am working with has 94 patterns.)
Step 2:  Place an effect in any of them.
Step 3:  Begin duplication

Saga Musix

I cannot reproduce such a thing. Afterall, it would be highly unrealistic that only effects would get lost when duplicating a pattern / several patterns, since duplicating by copying the complete memory of the old pattern to a new pattern.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Did you try to reboot windows?

Could be a one-time thing because windows is screwed up or something.

Tell me if it happens if you have rebooted windows and try it again.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Really, if patterns were not copied 1:1, then the RAM must be kinda broken, which would certainly not only affect modplug's pattern copy routine (which is actually just the bog-standard memcpy).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

I tried it again, and it did not seem to happen. It was in a different channel though. Perhaps what happened is that I somehow inadvertantly deleted them (by deleting the channels perhaps) and therefore, the data was lost.

LPChip

I'm closing this bug.

Feel free to post more evidence of this bug if you find any.

If there is a bug, we of course want to fix it. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs