1.17.02.53 Minor bug with Plugin Mixer slider

Started by Harbinger, July 10, 2009, 23:43:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.53

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): Not sure.

Description of the bug:  When using the "Plugin Wet/Dry macro", the Zxx value at 0 corresponds to the right side of the slider in the Plugin Mixer settings of the General tab. It should be the other way around to avoid confusion. I know this is VERY minor but worth the mention.

How often does it happen?: Always. Part of the GUI.

How to reproduce (step by step description): Using a VSTi for an instrument, open the Macro Setup dialog and apply an SFx for the VSTi but assign it to the "Plugin Wet/Dry" as the control. This corresponds to the "Wet/Dry" slider in the Plugin Mixer settings on the General page. Now if you set a Zxx in a channel for the VSTi (after the SFx has been declared), and set it to 0, play the row or the pattern, then go back to the General page, the slider is all the way to the right. Go back and set the macro to Z7F, play it, and look at the slider -- it's all the way to the left, opposite behavior of the expected. Also, the slider doesn't update during realtime playback.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

you wanna move 100% (wet) to the right and 0% (dry) to the left in the 'mix settings' section of the general tab, do you?
this is not a bug (report).... if you have to make such irritating requests, please do it in the feature request section, not here
(sorry for my tone, but this is something that everybody has adapted to for several years now and definitely does not need to be changed... IF changed it would be more confusing)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Harbinger

Cool it BSV. To me it seems illogical that 100% Wet is on the left, and it also is illogical when using a macro command that Z7F puts it all the way to the LEFT. I can't believe this was NOT an oversight on the programmer's part. (It was more probably a quick workaround.)

If you don't feel that way, don't feel "irritated". Amend my BUG report to an option for YOU.