"Release Node"? (Envelope window)

Started by Harbinger, October 01, 2009, 18:23:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

What is the Release Node (found within the old-style context menu of the Envelope Window)? Why would one use it? Is it present in all track formats that use instruments?

Saga Musix

First of all, there's no old-style context menu for the envelope tab. This only exists on the pattern tab.

When a note-off is registered and the release note is set, OpenMPT (and only OpenMPT) will jump to this note. Note that this jump will be inaudible, since all values starting from the release node will be relative to the last value before the release.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Paul Legovitch

Hi,

I believe this page explains this :
InstrumentReleaseEnvelope

It has been discussed here I think :
Feature instrument vol fade in sustain loop

I think it's a really good feature by the way. In the old Modplug I used the filter envelope to obtain some kind of similar effect for piano type instruments (fading on sustain), but this is even better.

LPChip

Yes :) I'm very happy with this feature. :)

It only exists in recent builds. .45 and higher I think.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

"recent", pah. How many years is .45 old now? More than two for sure. That's not recent. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Anything but the latest version is not decent, too! :nuts: :)

Harbinger

Thanks for the links and help!

Will go into OHM .5!  :)