...that makes me angry...

Started by TheEagle, September 30, 2009, 14:35:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "uncloned"What is your prejudice? I don't think improvised music is any less valid than not. Some of my best work is improvised and some of my worst is scored.
If I can't predict what will happen throughout the whole song it kinda confuses me. What I like in baroque is that predictable/unpredictable parts are interchanging.
Hmm, instantly thought of Enigma and harpsichord sonata6m1. Those are awesome examples of scored works of yours.

Quote from: "uncloned"And some of the best guitar solos by the best players, especially on live albums, are improvised.
I agree, but often they are forgetting themselves and begin to overimprovise :D That's what I don't like, too technical but too random and close to noodling.

Quote from: "uncloned"If you don't like my music...
I didn't say that :oops: I can't like ALL the tracks, for sure, but there are some, you know :D

Quote from: "uncloned"I'm not going out of my way to listen to Disco, House or Dance believe me!!  :twisted:
And that's what I totally respect! +1 :D

rncekel

By the way, I also listen to Clones music when I have the time, but it is very rare that I have time to write about the music I have heard. Nahkranoth is right: if you really want to be listen by many people, you'd better make trance or disco. But I think that most of us are not here to be popular, but for doing what we want.

To Sam: first, happy birthday; good to see that you are NOT gone. Second, classical musicians DO improvise. In fact, usually the cadenzas were always improvised, and in the old times, the partitures left aside a lot of details, because they were left to the taste of the player, who many times improvised a lot; only in recent times has become usual to try to write quite precisely what the author wants. I have read that in the concerts given by Beethoven, the main dish were not his symphonias, but the improvisation at the piano he played at the end.

Nahkranoth

LOL I found my photo on one crappy aggregator site along with videos of some gameplay. No music, if you ask me, just videos that have nothing to do with me. And for some reason I have 4,5 stars out of 5. I'm fucking famous! :lol: I send rays of hurricane diarrhoea to those responsible for this shit.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"Anyway, Eagle, do not be angry about it.
As he already said, it's not (only) about someone putting up his music somewhere, but more because he's impersonating TheEagle. That's the huge problem, someone is basically claiming that he is TheEagle, which is not true. I don't mind my music being spread (in fact, I would to see my music more places that just those where I post it) and that's also one of the reason why I go with a CC-BY-NC-SA license.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

TheEagle

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I'm gone.. into my 66th year today, on a daily basis. :)
Happy birthday, sam. :)
Quote from: "Sam_Zen"
....but sh^t happens.
As always, you are right:   :wink:

Religious Views of Life. (unknown author)

Confucianism:
sh^t forms the dark side of the universe

Taoism:
sh^t will disappear by keeping quiet.

Hinduism:
sh^t is the bill of your former lives.

Buddhism:
Annihilate sh^t by meditation!

Zen:
What is the sound of sh^t happening?

Judaism:
Why does sh^t always happen to us?

Orthodox:
Sing a hymn and sh^t will not touch your soul!

Catholicism:
If sh^t happens, you deserve it.

Islam:
If sh^t happens, it is the will of Allah.

Lutherans:
Produce sh^t bravely but believe in justification!

Reformed:
sh^t challenges you for fighting through.

Baptist:
To keep sh^t from happening, send money now.

Atheist:
I don't believe this sh^t.

Agnosticism:
What is this sh^t?

Esoteric:
sh^t happens by working over earth rays.

Nahkranoth

Oh, yes, happy birthday, S_Z!
2TheEagle: sh^t happens, but I don't give a sh^t :D

uncloned

Saga Musix

Indeed, happy birthday.  :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

Hey Sam, happy b-day! We hafta do a big ompt party when you reach 100. Hurry up will ya? :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

We can also celebrate a party when you turn 50, we don't have to wait as long in that case. :P Actually, you would only have to wait a couple of months until I hit the 20 years barrier, so we can celebrate then. :P Maybe at Breakpoint 2010? :D :D :D

PPH

Well, at least they didn't post your songs under someone else's name. Impersonating you was bad. Also, I don't think you were born in 1930 :D
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

LPChip

Btw, this happened to me too.

Someone posted my song for a competition at scene.org and spelled my name as Lp Chip. Yuk...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

TheEagle

Hmm. Just one day after I released my latest song here and on s3m.com, this person copied and pasted it on ctg....
I feel observed!  :shock:

Saga Musix

And you didn't write the CTG staff yet? :P