...that makes me angry...

Started by TheEagle, September 30, 2009, 14:35:54

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEagle

Hi everybody.

While surfing through the net I recently landed on ctgmusic.com, took a deeper look on this site and listened to some songs (I heard about this site before, but it didn't interest me very much). Suddenly I found one of my songs in the "new-songs-list".
After that I found out that all of my songs are released there, including my comments that were simply copied and pasted from s3m.com.
The curious thing is that I never registered myself on ctgmusic, so I'm definitely not a member!

Somebody has obviously registered there by using my nickname and released my songs without even asking me.

Maybe I'm a bit thin-skinned but I have to say that I'm very angry about that and I really hope that nobody in this forum is responsible for that!

Greetings
-TheEagle

LPChip

I'm a user there too, but other than that, I do not administrate or run ctgmusic in any way.

So I think its safe to say that nobody on this forum is responsible for putting your songs on there. I don't think any of the staffmembers are registered members here either.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Well, you're at least not alone here, 8 Bit Collective has gotten infamous for an user who was impersonating at least two trackers on 8BC. But that's not CTG (which I'm also on). You should report that to the CTG administrators.

By the way: CTG does not host songs. I would relax and see it as an advertisment. Nobody uploaded your songs there, they just put links there. But yeah, they impersonated you, and that's the bad thing.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

TheEagle

Quote from: "Jojo"Nobody uploaded your songs there, they just put links there.
Yes, I know....
Quote from: "Jojo"But yeah, they impersonated you, and that's the bad thing.
That's the point!  :x

uncloned

what I'd suggest to do is ask CTG admins to turn that account over to you :-)

they can certainly put in your email into that account and reset the password.

usurp the usurper  :evil:

uncloned

also,

while we are on the subject of CTG - I notice from my stats that every post I make there ends up in several MP3 aggregation sites w/o my permission etc.

its not a bad thing if you want the exposure - and the lesson to be learned is to make sensible ID3 tags I guess.

It only happened when I joined CTG in august - and other SoOn members who have posted there have been picked up as well (I can see their stats as well of course.)

Since these sites are chock full of advertisement - they are essentially making money from your content and bandwidth.

LPChip

When I search for LPChip, I also see lots of mp3 sites hosting my music. Funny enough, I can see by the numbers that are hosted where they come from. Surprisingly enough, not even from CTGMusic. I see sites that get the songs from last.fm and youtube, or perhaps a bot is harvesting the mp3's, because other than youtube and modplug, these mp3's aren't linked. (I don't have that many on last.fm)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

uncloned

Not the case for me. Since Sam has gone no one listens to me on modplug. Apparently not even the bots!  :-)

g

Saga Musix

Good that I switched to (properly tagged, even with artist picture) OGG Vorbis then! :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Sam has gone? You mean "gone" gone or "gone" gone?

to TheEagle: catch the bastard, matey.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Well, he's still here at least, he has answered a PM a few hours ago. :P

uncloned

I don't know any more about Sam than anyone else.

Jojo, how is a proper ogg tag going to help with mp3 aggrigator sites?  :evil:

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "g"Sam has gone
My jaw dropped and nearly pushed the teacup off the table.

Quote from: "clones"No one listens to me on modplug. Apparently not even the bots!
I guess it's because a majority of your tracks are improvisations. Some people (like me) have a prejudice about that. :D You gotta make tarnce to please everyone LOL  :lol:
As for me I am very picky these times. Can't even listen to what I have at home, takes a week to digest an album.

TheEagle

Quote from: "uncloned"Since Sam has gone no one listens to me on modplug. Apparently not even the bots!  :-)
This is not true. I always listen to your releases but I'm a bit lazy about writing..  :D
And I'm definitely not a bot...:wink:
Quote from: "psishock"Sam has gone? You mean "gone" gone or "gone" gone?
What? :shock:
Quote from: "jojo"Well, he's still here at least, he has answered a PM a few hours ago.
Good to hear....
Quote from: "psishock"catch the bastard, matey.
I will, buddy. And I already have a prime suspect....