Annoying feature in 1.17.03.02

Started by Rakib, September 23, 2009, 19:55:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

The new midimapping starts whenever when a song is played, and you press the shift button. When midimaping starts the song is stopped and when closing the song is starting again. If you are playing a heavy song this can make modplug unstable.

This also annoys if your editing your song while playing.

My request is to use another key or be able to turn off this feature.
^^

Saga Musix

I cannot confirm this, not even with VST editors open and Param Control notes in the tune. Can you provide a testcase?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Rakib"The new midimapping starts...
When midimaping starts the song is stopped and when closing the song is starting again.
I don't see what these are supposed to mean, because the closest thing I can think of about "midimapping starts" is opening the dialog and that sounds a bit far fetched.

Rakib

Hmm..
I made a new testfile, and it didn't show up.
So then I did a clean up of the original song where it first appeared to send you but then it stopped, but it still remains on the original without the clean up. So what ticks the midi mapping to start is unknown.
^^

Saga Musix

It would certainly help if you could upload the original version then.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

Whoops, that's quite a few plugins that I don't have. It would be a great help if you can try to remove the plugins one by one and try to find out which one is causing it.

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

I installed the two demo versions, however nothing happens if I press the Shift key. I got a message that 22 VST parameters could not be loaded, so I don't know if this can be reproduced with the demo versions.

Saga Musix

So... uhm... Without further details, we can't really help you. Maybe it would be useful to create a video of what's happening, because neither Relabs nor me can really undterstand what's going on there.

Rakib

I'm sorry I haven't replied about it. Im on vacation, will get to it as soon as I come home.
^^

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

ok, that looks like i would have imagined it... the only reason why this happens that i could imagine is that the plugin modifies its own parameters, but i don't see why the midi learn would pop up without having the vst editor open.

Saga Musix

I'll close this one as it's not really a feature request; Harbinger has also posted a bug report which covers the same problem.