[DECLINED] Buffer Length rename

Started by LPChip, October 23, 2009, 09:35:32

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I think it would be great to change the name of Buffer Length to either replace or add the word Latency.

On the forum (and in other software), we always talk about lantency, while in OpenMPT its called Buffer Length.

In addition, it would be great to have somekind of explaination there what it does. Perhaps a [?] button or just a tooltip.

The text should say: Use this setting to determine how much sound is being buffered before its being played. A larger setting will generate more stable sound, but it will add a delay. Try to keep this setting as small as possible, without getting deformed sound.

Maybe a mention about the sounddevice.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Declined, since this is not the latency, but indeed the length of the sound buffer. Latency is just a consequence of the buffer length, but not the same thing at all!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.