1.17.02.50 Mute/Solo instrument doesn't work for plugs

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 17, 2008, 14:02:50

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.50

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): Dunno... I only found about the feature recently! :D

Description of the bug:
From the tree view, soloing or muting an instrument doesn't seem to work for plugs. I assume that it's because this is a sample volume-based thing. Really, it should, in the internal mixer, change all of the volumes (transmitted or imposed, as chosen per instrument) to 0. (I hope that made sense...)

How often does it happen?:
Always.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Grab a track that uses plugs, and try to solo one of the plugs using the treeview.

On a side note, shouldn't this functionality be a lot more visible? I never use the treeview, and this would actually be a really useful feature. Perhaps buttons next to the instrument selection combo box on the pattern screen?

Saga Musix

Heh, I think this one actually got fixed some time after the last 1.17 release. :) Can you confirm that the feature works as wanted in OpenMPT 1.18?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.