.53 Fade text field buggy?

Started by Harbinger, September 03, 2009, 14:42:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.53

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...) Not sure.

Description of the bug: "Fade" text field (in Instrument page) only allows four characters to be typed, but clicking on arrow keys allows you to enter a higher amount than 9999. It should either be capped at 9999, or allowed to enter more than 4 characters (and the box size increased). Values higher than 9999 DO shorten fade time ( i learned with this test that a value of 16384 is a virtual note cut).

How often does it happen?: Always

How to reproduce (step by step description): Create an instrument with a sample assignment. Enter 10000 in the Fade text field in the Instruments page. It will not accept. Replace it with 9999 and click on the up arrow button next to it -- it will increase to 10,000. Was able to use this method to go up to at least 16384 (the value i was going for).

Saga Musix

First of all, v1.17.02.53 is outdated. Secondly, I can't reproduce this. I can input numbers up to 32000, without any limitation - Even with OpenMPT 1.17.02.52. I see, though, that this is handeled wrong anyway, as the highest possible fadeout value in IT format is 8192 and in XM format it should be 4095.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Tested again in .53. Cannot input "10000" into this field.

Are you saying this bug does not exist in the next released version, Jojo?

Saga Musix

I am saying that it does not even exist in the current release. Maybe it depends on the OS, I don't know. But since values above 8192 should not be allowed at all, yes, it will not be there in the next version, because the highest possible number will be 8192.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Good work, thanks!

Until your next build is "officially" released, i will keep this bug mention in the current OHM, then release a new OHM version with the next MPT release. (I intend to keep the manual current with the latest release, but not jump ahead with promised bug fixes in order to keep everything in sync.)

Saga Musix

I have tried it on both Windows Vista and Windows XP, both times the same result: I can enter 5-digit numbers.

Harbinger

Perhaps it depends on certain settings or track formats. I'll do more testing.

Anyone else find this bug or not?

Saga Musix

Really, there's no need for testing as the max value will be 8192 in the next version anyway. But tell me if you find this to happen with other input fields as well, because then it might be a big problem we have to deal with...

Saga Musix

Please confirm that this is fixed in OpenMPT 1.17.03.02. You may set the S=C flag in the first post yourself then, without further comments.

Harbinger

Still lets you put in values higher than 8192 (but not more than 9999), but clicking an arrow caps it at that. I recommend using the same technique you used for the Row Spacing field.
Closing because it's been relegated to an extremely minor bug. :wink: