3.02 Sequence Inserter Display Bug (name: Not so good)

Started by Really Weird Person, September 24, 2009, 22:59:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.03.02

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)

Description of the bug:
The top portion of the sequences submenu (where addition sequences are added) appears to be displayed improperly (when compared to the bottom) (See image below).

How often does it happen?:
Always

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Step 1:  Right click a pattern in the pattern row
Step 2:  Hover over Sequences
Step 3:  Click on Create new sequence
Repeat those steps until you see two arrows, one on top and one on bottom. Note the top of the menu.

LPChip

I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean the fact that the top arrow is grey and the bottom arrow is black? That just means that its disabled.

Do you mean that you see a 0?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I don't notice anything weird (apart from the fact that this should be divided into submenus). Sorry, but that's how scrollable Windows menus look. We don't use custom-drawn menus.
If you really mean the arrows, then I can't help you and have to close this report.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

I am referring to neither the arrows nor the zero. Look closely at the areas to the right and left of each arrow. You should notice a difference there. I think that the top portion is buggy.

LPChip

Other than JPEG compression quality loss, I don't see anything wrong...

EDIT: only the slightly less gray backgrounds on the right of the image is what I notice, and that seems to be happening on the top one too, so that can't be it either...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Ok, can you please tell us now exactly what's going wrong here? I don't want to play "spot the mistake" for something that does not really appear to be worth fixing.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

When I looked at the menu magnified, it would appear that the whiteness is on the bottom as well, just not as noticeable. In that case, perhaps it is designed to be there, which renders this report unneeded.

Saga Musix

As I said, we do not paint the menu or anything. If you don't like how your menus look, go complain at Microsoft.

LPChip

And on top of that, the change is so minimal that it is redundant to try and fix it.

Really Weird Person

QuoteIf you don't like how your menus look, go complain at Microsoft.

I suppose that may be a good point, although it seems perhaps just a little bit weird that Windows' menus do not look like that. Although, like I mentioned before, perhaps it is part of the design, and perhaps not too many other people noticed it, but I just thought that it looked odd, that's all. In addition, I am going to guess that that menu probably looks just like Windows' do on Jojo's and LPChip's computers. I could be wrong though. Of course, their resolutions are probably no smaller than 1920 x 1200p anyway so everything is nice and crisp, though possibly larger due to having multiple monitors. Perhaps I have just never noticed it before. See image below