questions about sample extraction from hardware.

Started by timtek, August 26, 2009, 19:17:40

Previous topic - Next topic

timtek

Many many moons ago I bought two korg electribes. Then I got bored and stashed all my audio gear. I recently got re-interested in making music, which is why I'm here, and dug out my old gear. I made some songs on them and have all the pattern data and samples still on my smartmedia cards. I want to put these songs on my computer. The trouble is I don't have the proper cables, so I have to run the sound out from the headphone jack on the electribes to the line in on my computer. My question is this. Should I play the samples on the electribe and sample with audacity and then plop them into modplug, or should I have my friend pull the wavs off the smart card(he has a card reader on his pc, I don't) and put them on a usb so I can transfer those to my computer and then place in modplug? Does it matter quality wise? Any suggestions would be great.

Louigi Verona

Ooooo! Electribes! I wanna buy one too. Do you sell them?

I would suggest just getting the wavs on a usb - no quality loss.

timtek

Thanks for your input. Sorry I'm not selling. I bought them about 6 years ago. I have the original ER-1  and the original ES-1. They're both great but I like the ES better out of the two. The ER can produce some really cool sounds but the ES is much more versatile, since it's more for composition. Together they really work well. I've been having a lot of fun listening and cringing at my old stuff. It's almost like looking at an old photo album.

Saga Musix

Quality-Wise, it does matter because you will get unprocessed waveforms from the smartcard, i.e. the samples will most likely be missing reverb, chorus, compression or whatever the sampler applies to them.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.