for those about to flame.....

Started by uncloned, August 16, 2009, 16:46:15

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Some people around here have been touchy lately and I ask them to consider the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An interesting exercise, and one well worth a few moments of reflection, would be to consider the exact meaning of the phrase "to take offense".

These words describe an act of willingly taking into ourselves a hurt we feel somebody intended to inflict on us. We take offense. We don't have to take it. We are free to refuse to be hurt by a spiteful remark or malicious action.

So the whole matter really rests with us. The choice of accepting or rejecting an offense is ours alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Day at a Time in Alanon - August 27th page.

no - I wasn't a drunk - but I was married to a prescription drug addict.

Don't let the source dilute the message.

g

Hey, what's that supposed to mean? You think I'm touchy? You think it's MY fauly I get aggrevated by something completely silly and irrelevant in the greater scheme of things? Well you're right, but we all have our buttons...

Sam_Zen

QuoteHey, what's that supposed to mean? You think I'm touchy?
LOL..

Anyway, buttons suggest somebody else is pushing them.
But the sensitivity setting is one owns responsability.

But I appreciate your effort, Clones, to calm things down.

Louigi Verona

It's good advice. Not always easy to follow and may take a lifetime to master.

Harbinger

Quote from: "uncloned"Some people around here have been touchy lately and I ask them to consider the following:

Oh c'mon you don't have to pussyfoot around! We ALL know who the 'touchy' here is! And i for one take GREAT offense!!

residentgrey

If you are going to flame, flame with this!

No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

psishock

hmmm, is that lil fire sumtin? If you want flame, use this:

:lol:
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Psy, indeed if one is going to flame you might as well do it efficiently!

Sam_Zen

I feel thoroughly offended, because my ancestors worshipped holy mushrooms..