.Filter sample conflict(last overuled) using same chan

Started by kin, August 15, 2009, 12:40:00

Previous topic - Next topic

kin

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.54??

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): Occured in previous versions

Description of the bug: Filter sample conflict(last overuled) using same channel.

How often does it happen?: It's a static problem.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
- import 2 seperate samples
- apply individual filter settings for each sample in the instruments tab.
- insert notes from sample 1 and then add notes from sample 2 in the same pattern and same channel.

Replay:
(channel 1 playing)
notes of sample 1 is being played.
notes of sample 2 follows but with the filtersettings (instruments tab) of sample 1

It seems like sample 1 has hijacked channel 1 to use its filtersettings only.

Saga Musix

This is not a bug. It's how IT defined it. You can try using the effect S9D, which will reset the filter on every note - but beware, that also affects notes of the same sample, so if you were using Zxx or \xx on a previous note, you will have to set this value again.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kin

Thnx for the reply.

Oke, so the "instruments" tab becomes useless and I must use the effectvalues in the notes for reso, cutoff, panning etc..?

Saga Musix

No, why should it be useless? If you don't specify default values, it's just logical that your non-existing default values will be overridden. If you don't tick the "Pan" checkbox, it's just logical that the last panning will be used. If you second instrument doesn't have a default cutoff frequency (which, again, has a checkbox that you have to tick), it will use the last used cutoff frequency. What's so complicated about that? :) You can always use different channels for different instruments, that's what I advise at least.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

g

Quote from: "kin"
How to reproduce (step by step description):
- import 2 seperate samples
- apply individual filter settings for each sample in the instruments tab.
- insert notes from sample 1 and then add notes from sample 2 in the same pattern and same channel.

Works for me... Could you post an example file?

Saga Musix

I'm pretty sure that he forgot to tick the checkboxes of the 2nd instrument, so it's natural that the filter settings will be overridden.

kin

I have tried to tick on pan like you said but it didn't work.

I'll post an example shortly.

kin

http://www.kindoshi.com/test.it

Sample 14 seems to take the filtereffects of sample 2.
Sample 2 has no filter applied.
Played in channel 3, 4 and 5.

Saga Musix

Yes, exactly as I said, that's not a bug. You have to enable local filters as I have told you before. Use S9D on channels 3 to 5 on the first row of the first pattern will solve your issue.
EDIT: I see that S9D only works with Zxx and \xx. You have to enable filters for instrument 14 and move the sliders to their max values (as you have it already). If the cutoff slider is at max, it will, as the caption below the slider say, disable the filter.

Harbinger