[classical] Uncloned's Sonata6m1 (.mp3) psi's touch

Started by psishock, August 11, 2009, 18:48:15

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

This was done by a request from Uncloned, when we gave Barry the wedding present. It took quite some time for me to start working on it, but i found some spare time tonight, also i was in the mood too.

Not really an "orchestrated" rework, as you've originally asked, but nevertheless, i've done my best to make the piece as i would like to hear it. I had fun while making, hope you enjoy listening to it too.

http://psi.lp1.nl/music/Uncloned-sonata6m1_psishocks_touch.mp3
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

TheEagle

Very beautiful.
While listening, I was really melting away and I loved it... :D
Just one point: I heard some distortions here and there. Maybe a bit too much reverb?

But nevertheless: great work, psishock!

uncloned

the orchestration could be synths as well if you'd like.

The distortion is unfortunate - this is a very beautiful version - the choice of tempo puts a totally new spin on the piece.

Thank you Psi - you've made my day :-)

psishock

Thanks for liking it, both of you. ^^

Now you c Uncloned what i've mean with more calmer approach and softer sounds. :)

Im not sure what could cause the distortion, maybe i'm not that experienced with EDIROL vsti (used it 2nd time) and messed up something with the levels, everything seems to be fine tho'.

Sam_Zen

uncloned

Psi - try exporting it again with the volumes reduced to 80% and see what you get.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening

This is officially New Age music -- classical elements mixed with FXed timbres. Very soulful and warm. Great music to wake up to. Love the chord bleeding to give it unusual flavor for only a moment. The piano seems to ramble too much and never lets any other instruments get a word in edgewise, but all-in-all a very good production.

psishock

Sam: thanks for listen!

Harbinger: well, basically if classical elements mixed with FXed timbres gives New Age, then this piece is very much that. :D I'm not really educated/experienced with these genres. The piano melody is a work from Uncloned (you can check the original any time, he posted it here), i've remixed it here and there, and heavily redo-ed the first part (didn't wanted to mess with the rest of the melody too much, coz i wanted to match his mind, rather then changing it to the point till it suits me totally), added the oboe solo and the "ambient" strings, picked the instrument, the effects, slowed to tempo to 80bpm  (tried 100: ahh, it was too fast, 90: hmm it was still a bit fast for the mood, 80: i felt it very suitable for the moment). Glad that you've enjoyed. :)

uncloned: the download link leads to a new file, i was busy, sorry that i haven't fixed it sooner, but here we go:
- i've worked on the oboe levels so it should be more steady (no extra loud B-5 example).
- reduced the ambient reverb by ~2-4dB.
- there is absolutely no compression now, this is the raw render.
- reduced the levels in edirol about 10+%, and verified the internal peak meters, no chance for inside clipping now.
- the .mp3 is now 320kbps constant bit rate.

there really should be no distortion now, if you still notice anything similar, it should be the soft vsti, or the effect of the electronic reverb.

uncloned

sounds beautiful = and different from the first version

Psi you did a wonderful job on this - thank you so much!!

one item = the oboe note at 2:13 could be moved? lower/higher pitch?

the note sounds off for some reason - I'm sure I have that in there - the oboe accentuates it though.

psishock

QuotePsi you did a wonderful job on this - thank you so much!!
if only girls could be pleased this easily... i'm having way too harder job with them. :D.
I'm glad that you're happy Uncloned, have a great inspiration.

Quoteone item = the oboe note at 2:13 could be moved? lower/higher pitch?
the note sounds off for some reason - I'm sure I have that in there - the oboe accentuates it though.
...you're right i missed that one :shock:, but i had a deep impression that you went to that chord with the piano (but you haven't) so possibly that is why i picked that note there, it felt like that chord should b the right move on that moment.
Now we have a choice here:
- i can change the oboe note to match the piano chords.
- i can change the piano notes to match the oboe.

let this be your choice. :D

uncloned

why match? I'm sure there is another note that can extend the chord.

Without the score in front of me I can't tell you which note to move the oboe or piano to.