OpenMPT Mac OS X?

Started by cdnalsi, August 07, 2009, 22:18:49

Previous topic - Next topic

cdnalsi

So is there indeed a Mac OS X version of OpenMPT?

The sourceforge project says so, and Linux as well..

Downloading the zipped file, however, only results in the Windows version.

Thanks! :)

Saga Musix

No, this is just a hack because sourceforge somehow fucked up file sorting on the download page so the "wild" version suddenly showed up first.
Maaaaaybe there will be an OSX version some day when we got rid of MFC and other Visual Studio dependencies.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

cdnalsi

Oh I see. That's too bad. Thanks for replying!  :D

maleek

Drop Linux and Mac OS, Solaris support is even more obscure! ;)

Really Weird Person

I did see that myslf and thought it rather odd. One can only hope though that if the developers of Modplug do indeed begin supporting other operatig systems (such as Mac OS or Linux) that they do not stop supporting Windows. That is what would stink. Yes, I have used Windows on virtually every computer that I have used. The only time that I used Mac OS was in school and, as the year drew to an end, that even became less. As for Linux, I have used Ubuntu a little bit, but when I tried to install it on my last computer, it did not work as expected. Installing it on my current computer that I use would probably not do me any good because it is a tablet PC and drivers for it may not exist for Linux. In addition to that, my programs would not run on Linux anyway because they are Windows executable files.

Saga Musix

The ThinkPad tablets have great linux support. Well, ThinkPads in general even. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.