Feature Req: Some VST questions

Started by fluor, August 05, 2009, 19:57:35

Previous topic - Next topic

fluor

I was at a friend which use professional music software and I only miss a few things compared to

I wonder if the following could be possible:
1. Add a master VST chan so I can compress live
2. Is it possible to use more than one VST and link them? E.g. both reverb and echo on a chan?

Saga Musix

No feature requests needed, as this all exists already.

For applying a plugin as "master", move it to some high plugin slot (something around 10 to 20 if you have only a few plugins for example) and click the "master" checkbox.

For chaining VST effects, you have to change the "output to" field on the general tab which is normally set to "default". If you have for example FX 07: Reverb and FX 08: Echo, you would go to FX 07 and set "output to" to "FX 08: Echo".
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

fluor

thanks. maybe i find the GUI a bit confusing here. I guess it would be really nice to have a cleaner look of VST like ACiD or similar.

Rakib

What??  :shock:
Modplug has the cleanest and easiest GUI there is!
^^

Saga Musix

Certainly not. The VST stuff (and the general tab in general :P) needs some revamp indeed.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

I meant color wise. The other is mixture of colors that is hard to figure out what is what.
^^

Saga Musix

Well, I don't know what makes Acid so special because I don't know how it looks, but I certainly was not talking about a better colour scheme or anything.