[symphonic...something] Confusing Thoughts (mp3)

Started by TheEagle, June 30, 2009, 11:57:04

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEagle

Hi, everybody.

Well, this is a symphonic-rock-ballad-..uhmm..'something'.

Confusing Thoughts

As I mentioned above, I really can't decide for a genre. Sorry for that...

Anyway, I hope that you'll enjoy this release.

Greetings,
The Eagle

uncloned

I like the beginning very much - after 2:30 it becomes more typical rock symphonic ballad. The beginning is exceptionally strong - has a lot of drama.

TheEagle

Thanks for listening and commenting Mr uncloned.

Sam_Zen

Agree fully with Clones. After that point it becomes mediocre, searching cheap impression. So one more cherry on the same cake.

Confusing thoughts don't have some sort of climax. They're just lingering on. Imo of course.

TheEagle

I'm a bit suprised that you both like the first part most. Ok, due to the instuments quality it sounds pretty good and -of course- I like it, too. But I think from the musical point of view this part is quite simple. It took much more time to make the other parts working...

I'm confused.... :wink:

Anyway, thanks sam for listening and commenting.

Nahkranoth

I'd call it pop-rock (not sure if there is such genre).
I can't say which part I liked more, I like it as a whole. There are only 2 notes on the track:
1. The drums are kinda copypasted throughout the whole song. (And the overall impression is that the song needs some variation). I'd changed the rhythm a little (it's too straight) or added some breaks here and there.
2. There are some divebomb guitar slides that sound somehow wrong. Not all of them but at least one or two.
But as I said earlier I like it, it's ...ugh... pleasant sounding tune :D

The guitar sounds are coming from some karplus-strong model, am I right? Slayer? :wink:
[EDIT] Forgot to say that the title suits very well to the music. I don't find any inconsistencies here like Sam_Zen. Confusing thoughts should have some sort of climax, because they will stop bothering you sooner or later :D

Sam_Zen

QuoteConfusing thoughts should have some sort of climax, because they will stop bothering you sooner or later
Hmm.. You're right about that.

TheEagle

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"
1. The drums are kinda copypasted throughout the whole song. (And the overall impression is that the song needs some variation). I'd changed the rhythm a little (it's too straight) or added some breaks here and there.
You're right. I'm a bit lazy sometimes...;-)
2. There are some divebomb guitar slides that sound somehow wrong. Not all of them but at least one or two.
I love those guitar slides. Maybe I used them too much in this song but to me they doesn't sound wrong...
The guitar sounds are coming from some karplus-strong model, am I right? Slayer? :wink:
Indeed it's slayer...and some others.:D
Confusing thoughts should have some sort of climax, because they will stop bothering you sooner or later :D
Well, for me the climax is the end of part 3 (it's the more rock-alike part). The following, slower part 4 'says' to me: ok, we go back to the beginning, but it's not that daramatic anymore...

Thank you for listening and commenting, Nahkranoth.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "TheEagle"
Thank you for listening and commenting, Nahkranoth.
Thank you for the good track, Mr. Eagle!

Saga Musix

indeed, there are some out of place slides, but al in all, I like this tune!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

TheEagle

Zaphoid

I think the bare naked ladies said it best "It's all been done.  It's the same 3 chords"  I liked the first part just as clones mentioned but I don't think the track is a loss either.