[Goa/Acid] Xaimus vs B-S-V - Untitled (mp3)

Started by BooT-SectoR-ViruZ, July 27, 2009, 17:19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Well, not really an official versus, but i happened to get my hands on a short module by xaimus and i thought i'd mess around with it a bit. this might very well get a longer version soon....

download the file here

produced with: open modplug tracker
speed: 143 bpm
length: 3:54

pluglist:
-ABL2
-TriDirt
-Classic Delay
-Classic EQ
-DirectX Echo
-KarmaFX Reverb
-Rapture

hope you enjoy this as much as i do
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Rakib

I enjoyed it a lot!

Long time since I last heard any psytrance.
My thoughts: What happened to the lovely at 0:13, heard it only once, you should have used it more.
The bongos, was nice but they need some eq's or something done with them, they take to much of the overall sound. And a things that you could consider is having a slower string build-up at 2:00, maybe a cut off filter or a volume.

But overall, a song that fits my taste.
^^

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Rakib"I enjoyed it a lot!

Long time since I last heard any psytrance.
My thoughts: What happened to the lovely at 0:13, heard it only once, you should have used it more.
imho that part's a little too trancy, but i'll take it into consideration

QuoteThe bongos, was nice but they need some eq's or something done with them, they take to much of the overall sound.
true, unfortunately my soundsystem here is not very good and the track sounds very different when using headphones, so i'm not sure what the mix will sound like on proper monitors.

QuoteAnd a things that you could consider is having a slower string build-up at 2:00, maybe a cut off filter or a volume.
good idea, thx
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Rakib

It's just my ideas, I'm personally a trance guy. Thats why I prefer trancy melodies, and you're rigth it may be not fit in this type of song.
^^