Do you like this stuff??

Yeah... kind of
0 (0%)
Hell no, this stuff is pure sht!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 23, 2009, 02:45:03

bully34

OK guys, this is some experimental music I made about half a year ago. I was just playing around with trackers and sound editors. Try it:

http://www.bully34.webs.com

I don't think it's good. hehe.  :x But, I was getting some terrible ratings on CTG. Go ahead, insult me, criticsize me, whatever... I don't expect anyone to like it.   :oops:

cya :)
Visit my webpage: http://www.ctgmusic.com/bully34

&

Add me to MSN: [email]justin_tep@live.co[/email],

uncloned

ion

very dreamy - not so sure about the bass blip though - but I understand it to be contrast. Why does it cut out when the hi hat comes in?

windows sounds mix - eh <shrug>

into me - trance - not a fav genre of mine - others here can do it justice.

=> the convention here is to provide downloads instead of on line stream. Of course videos are pretty much stream.

Over all

Keep plugging away - Ion, though simple and pentatonic, had a nice dreamy feel to it that I liked.

psishock

The poll is totally unnecessary bully34, you want to ask people's options about the tracks, you really won't be satisfied with a general "über" or "crap" answer.

I'm seeing these songs as experiments, trying out stuff and having fun with music, rather than fully designed and composed pieces. So imho the experiment was successful, you can go on developing yourself, the results weren't "über" at all, but surely not "crappy" neither.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

TheEagle

I think, nobody has welcomed you yet, so I'll do it now:

Welcome to this forum, bully....

Now, we'll take a look at your songs:

Into Me:
I don't understand why you did this "reversion" to this song. The original (not-reversed) version sounds pretty good to me (much better than the reversed version), even if it's not my kind of music...

Windows sounds mix:
Nice effect but are there really windows-sounds only? I may be wrong but I thought I heard the in-fading "THX"-sound-effect in the background...

ion:
I agree with uncloned, very dreamy song. But it seems to be unfinshed...

Anyway, keep on tracking! :-D

Greetings
The Eagle

bully34

Visit my webpage: http://www.ctgmusic.com/bully34

&

Add me to MSN: [email]justin_tep@live.co[/email],

apple-joe

ION: It bothers me that the track stops as it is about to build up. I presume you've got a longer version, would you mind uploading? The music itself, it's static with regards to rhythm, tonality, note choice, among other things, but that doesn't necessarily imply bad music. After hearing the first few notes I expected maybe an overly tonal piece in a major key, but the overall mood is quite toned down. That, combined with the occasional use of moderately clashing notes surprised me in a positive way. Additionally, there is mainly one instrument in use most of the time, and it's more difficult to compose that way, there isn't even backing chords.

I must admit that while I liked parts of this one in all its simplicity, the bass sound that appeared towards the end caused brief laughter. I think that happened due to the mild, pleasant sound of the melody instrument was challenged by an instrusive bass sound, which possibly clashes with the melody instrument, in a less fascinating way than the clash between some of the melody notes already mentioned.

I'd like to hear a developed version.

WINDOWS SOUNDS MIX: A lot shorter, more imposing, and I think more impressive too. I don't know how you've created this, but it is more interesting despite the brief length. I suppose this track represents one extreme, and Ion another. I'm curious about how something in between would sound.

INTO ME: There are some transitions which sound overly rough, abrupt, but it appears that the reason is the way the given instrument works. I don't really find this song particularly amusing, but there are parts which are enjoyable still. The string sound is nice, and there is a bubble/bass sound panned from left to right to left etc that I somehow liked.